Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solvents Question
06-26-2014, 04:50 AM,
Solvents Question
Hey guys,

So I've read through a lot of the forum and often read a little bit of conflicting advice.

First - I need to clean my system and forgot to buy solvent. Do you recommend anything from the store? (I live in Texas, HEB anyone?) I've been told orange products are great but definitely don't want to damage the system.

And some say soak the system in it, others say don't. What are your thoughts?

And then we get to ORWG. Lace release doesn't really work with it... I've tried a little shampoo, but meh. It's not so difficult to get off the lace, but I'd like a quick and easy solution.

Lastly, I've read solutions on Got2B white residue removal but can't seem to find it. Can someone link me?

Currently I'm using Got2B Ultra for all around hold (2-3 days) and ORWG for hairline. Working well so far, just need to get my maintenance figured out.

Thanks a ton!
06-26-2014, 07:48 AM,
RE: Solvents Question
I replied-to / linked you the thread you require, regarding Got2b /white mark/s a number of days ago on your other thread.
You won`t damage the lace or hair using Citrus -based solvents such as C-22, or De solvit ....repeated use of it on lace can lead to discolouration / an orange hue on the lace.
You can safely soak your system in Auto Glym Tar -remover... Hersute has posted on this many times.... you should be able to get it in a motor car accessories shop.
http://www.autoglym.com/products/product...ar-remover
I haven`t heard anyone saying lace-release wouldn`t free their system from ORWG ....you need to allow it time to work....it`s a strong glue so you may need repeated applications of lace-release to free your system.
06-26-2014, 01:35 PM,
I'm not sure how readily available Autoglym is in certain parts of the USA but I know a lot of American wearers use Goo-Gone which you can buy in any Home Depot
http://www.homedepot.com/s/solvent%2520cleaner?NCNI-5

But if you search 'cleaning lace' you'll get links to LOTS of threads with various suggestions.
The advantage I find with soaking, rather than other techniques like 'Mirror slide' is that there is no rubbing of the lace base and I get next to no shedding.
06-27-2014, 09:26 AM,
I ended up going with some Goo-Gone and while it seems to have worked, it's going to take some time to get it perfect. It'll do for now or quick touch ups (and cleaning my scalp for sure)

I'll probably buy some Glym on ebay next for soaking... as you've said, no shedding.

I only noticed one or two hairs shed from using the Goo-Gone by the way.

Attached Files Image(s)