Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All my New York Wearers!!
06-24-2014, 10:24 AM,
All my New York Wearers!!
Hey all,

So I have received my second system from toplace, which is also my first custom system. ONLY the color and wave are custom, as I still do not have a solid template.

My questions have to do with Didi (the stylist) in midtown Manhattan. I have called her and spoke to her on the phone, but she always seems SO busy and I don't particularly want to bother her. With that said, I am looking to book her for a cut-in of my new system this week.

1) I still (obviously) wear my old system that I cut to my head. Do people go in with the old system still attached? I would prefer to do this, as I am very scared of seeing somebody I know without a system on.

1b) If I go in with old system attached, do I bring lace release, citrus, etc??.. all things I usually use to clean up.

2) Do I bring my own tape/glue? (I wear only tape so should I bring what I have?)

3) If you do not go with your old system attached, do you go with the new one ALREADY attached? I would prefer for her to cut it specifically to my head, in which case I can't be wearing it already. However, the thought of bringing my custom system in a plastic bag also give me anxiety haha.

4) Somebody mentioned she has a private room in the salon. Is this true? This would be ideal, and make it worth the price for me.

5) Price? (a non-issue for perfection in my case)

6) How skilled is she really? If it's still attached is she a pro at removing, cleaning and attaching again..?

This is all still very new to me and I'm trying my best to get it perfect. Thank you in advance to anybody who has insight..!
06-26-2014, 08:03 AM,
RE: All my New York Wearers!!
Hi Sidebender .... this member went to Didi for his cut-in http://forum.toplace.com/member.php?acti...&uid=20713 You can read all his threads/posts by clicking on the blue-coloured links on his profile.... there`s also an option to e -mail him .... I`m sure he would be pleased to answer your ` finer` questions regarding your trip to her ..... she`s well-used to dealing with system-wearers....she`ll probably do the bond-on for you.... you could take a tube of ` Got2bglued` spiking glue along with you for ease /speed of attachment....hope that helps you out somewhat ..and good luck with your cut-in!
07-11-2014, 12:50 PM,
RE: All my New York Wearers!!
Hi Sidewinder, Did you go yet? I am in NYC and have gone to Didi once and while I'm glad I did I probably wouldn't go back. I would say that she can help you get over the hump and learn but she is kind of old school in mentality and approach. So speaking for me and guy I saw walking before me don't expect to come out of there with some undetectable modern style.

As for your specific questions:
1. Yes, wear your piece in and she will detach it, shave, attach new one etc.
2. She will have supplies but if you use something special for a detach (like autoglym or something) it couldn't hurt to bring it just in case.
3. see 1, she will cut it in fully. just bring the new piece with you in a backpack.
4. She does have a private room, completely isolated which is nice.
5. It's expensive, and don't expect perfection, but it will jump start your learning.
6. She is very skilled at what she does, but she is definitely old school. For instance, she was pretty taken aback by the low density I wanted to wear (which was actually medium density).

Hope that helps and let's get in touch if you want to discuss further.