Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got2B Terrible Hair?
06-19-2014, 07:17 PM,
Got2B Terrible Hair?
Alright, so I did a complete Got2B ULTRA attachment today except for the front hairline where I use ORWG

Maybe I used too much but it soaks through the lace and into the hair creating a pretty solid layer of "underhair"

Are y'all using a thin layer? I didn't think I used too much, but can't have a ridiculous amount of Got2B crapping out my hair style. Took a while to dry too.

Suggestions?

PS: My hair ain't goin' nowhere... for what that's worth. Even sweat it up and washed my car by hand today and plenty of convertible driving.

I did just mist the leave in conditioner which loosens the bond/refreshed the Got2Be, but I'm ready for bed, so no biggie.

Thanks!
06-19-2014, 07:37 PM,
RE: Got2B Terrible Hair?
Sounds like you`re putting it on too thickly and / or pressing the lace down into it immediately after applying it to the scalp....wait for a few minutes until the colour begins to change from white to clear..... the same thing happens when people use ``normal`` glues ..of course once they solidify, having seeped through the lace, you have a real `problem` on your hands...at least Got2b is water-soluble and not so much of a pain to get rid of.
06-19-2014, 07:41 PM,
Oh thank god for water soluable. I plan on cleaning tomorrow morning, should I just shower, "system shampoo" and then reapply a much smaller amount and wait a bit? I'm using Ultra, which is clear to begin with (opposed to normal which is white to start with)

I read something about removing the white lace residue easily... but can't find the thread again. Thoughts?

Appreciate the help! lol
Travis

PS: Love the system anyway, it still looks great. Just personal learning the ropes stuff really. It looks perfectly fine, but for some reason people love touching my hair -.-
06-21-2014, 09:28 AM,
I haven`t used that one [Ultra]..sounds like it`s even stronger than the ` normal` one....you might not get /have any white -coloured residue when using that one ? Anyway, here`s the thread you referred-to :
http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5984
Just apply a thinner coat than last time and see you you get on.... this game is a bit like walking a tightrope, with a lot of trial and error until you nail down your ` own` routine etc. Sounds like you`re enjoying the ` new you` anyway so that`s the main thing ! Regards.
06-22-2014, 08:50 AM,
I will have to try Paul's suggestion to wait a little longer before attaching, as I get that glue into the hair as well I think. Though it doesn't really bother me too much as I wear my hair kind of flat anyway.

I just bought the "Ultra" Got2b Glued and will have to try it out during my next reattachment. Right now I use the regular one with a spray of the Freezing Spray added, and I get a great hold so I am kind of apprehensive to try something new. But I am just wondering if I will be able to get a good hold with the Ultra alone, then it would be even less trouble than it is now.
Has anyone been using the Ultra for attachment with nothing else and been having any luck with that?
06-27-2014, 09:24 AM,
Vinton Harper, I get a great hold with just the Ultra and then ORWG for the front hairline. I'd use nothing but Ultra, but I feel like the hairline won't stand up to time.

The ORWG hasn't failed me yet. I can usually get about 3-4 days out of ultra hold as long as I don't wet when shower.

I'd like to point out, I did shower once with the Ultra and it still held after I got out and blew dry.
07-04-2014, 03:09 AM,
I am also wondering whether the freezing spray from got2b is really needed? I wanna try the gel for the first time and would prefer to not buy another product.

Anyone?