Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um, my fingers are sticking together...
06-14-2014, 08:24 AM,
Um, my fingers are sticking together...
So after cleaning the blue tape off my system, I've noticed I can't get it off my finders. Tried using the alcohol/lace release but no dice.

Anything here at home that will work on my hands?

Sincerely,
Fingers sticking to my keyboard, among other things.
06-14-2014, 08:40 AM,
RE: Um, my fingers are sticking together...
Use the juice of an orange or Lemon...the citrus juice will help bust it.... lace release will only break the hold between your system-base and whatever adhesive it`s sitting on ..it won`t break down that adhesive [glue/tape] Alcohol needs time to work...but with some tapes / glues, Citrus solvents such as C-22 or De-solv it are the best http://www.de-solv-it.com/
I think you can buy that easily in stores in America....
06-14-2014, 08:42 AM,
Thanks Paul! I'll pick up some of that solvent for my next release of the system to clean it and my hands. Not sure how I overlooked it when buying things. Guess I didn't know the alcohol would only temporarily make it un-tacky.

For now, my system didn't really have anything tacky on it, but my fingers.... I had to use some Orange Goo-Gone that I use for my car to clean up oil and what not. It worked though!

Thanks again!
06-14-2014, 08:56 AM,
You`re welcome.... one ` caution`-- citrus-based solvents are best used on your scalp to dissolve adhesive residues... prolonged use of it on lace, can discolour the lace.... occasional use to soften stubborn residue on lace is fine.It also then needs to be properly shampooed out of the lace or it will affect your new bond. Keep it out of your eyes also.... a sweatband placed around the head once your system is off, then spray on the solvent and allow it to work for 4 or 5 minutes.....this will ensure it doesn`t run down into your eyes. The best way to avoid a ` messy` clean-up with any system is to go for a regular routine of removal/cleaning.....often a bond will feel ` good` / strong and the temptation is to leave it on / in place for a few more days..... you can find sometimes that the adhesive material can literally go unstable /gooey overnight and it`s a total pain to clean up.... I`d advise debonding to a regular pattern ,especially if you live in a hot climate.