Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Pics] New Cut In - Fun with Selfies
06-12-2014, 10:02 AM,
[Pics] New Cut In - Fun with Selfies
New cut in below, see pics. Really happy with how it turned out... aside from the stylist screwing up the hairline and me having to redo it.

PS: Cut in and attachment cost me $85, and I tipped $20.

If y'all have questions, lemme know!

Attached Files Image(s)

06-12-2014, 03:26 PM,
RE: [Pics] New Cut In - Fun with Selfies
Looks good....you mentioned Texas humidity....where in Texas do you live.
I live in Houston....so I can totally relate...lol
06-14-2014, 01:01 AM,
Your unit is a bit too dense and too dark. Try a few highlights in it next time. The back also has a flat spot that does not look natural, I have had that, I know.

Don't want to be mean, just honest and think that is what you want to hear?
06-14-2014, 07:56 AM,
Cameras can give a skewed impression, when it comes to systems... the images are a little unclear [my own camera is hopeless when it comes to such images ] ..... bearing in mind it`s a stock system [ Not Toplace ] and all stocks have their limitations ...they are a middle-of-the-road solution for many people, though some guys find they get on just fine with a stock....fit is fine, colour-match is spot-on, and density matches their side/back growing hair. However, custom, is far more likely to satisfy most wearers..... travbjork has made the leap and in fairness to him, he`s also showing his face, which helps a lot of people to ` see` better in terms of style and overall ` look` ....... he can work from this point now, and adjust his specifications when he orders a custom, along with sending in a hair sample to get a good colour -match... .I think his results here are not bad at all... nothing to be majorly worried about ....after a few washes and a bit of ` wear` the colour will lighten and the ` bounce` will ease.......he may then need to do a little thinning with a thinning scissors around the tips ..this will help if any ` blending- in` issues become apparent.... I certainly think , when compared to his photos of his bald area, this looks vastly better.
06-14-2014, 08:05 AM,
Yea, I really love it so far. I've since removed the system and moved it back a touch to fix that spot on the back of my head where the 'natural part' wasn't positioned properly. The hair has also settled a pretty good deal and doesn't look so tall and crazy. After a shower it lays pretty flat to my head. I think it's density is pretty exact and the color match couldn't be better.

And as far as it being dark... I drive a vette convertible, so it'll fade a little bit over time so it all works out.

Today, I didn't even reattach my hairline when I went to some meetings, just got out of the shower and left. (I'm using Got2B for the front hairline and blue tape for the perimeter)

I'll post more pictures in a bit outside in natural lighting without any editing. Look forward to the feedback!
10-15-2015, 12:35 AM,
10-15-2015, 04:57 AM,
(10-15-2015, 12:35 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: .

Just following up with some more recent pics over a year later since John posted here all randomly Wink

Attached Files Image(s)

10-19-2015, 10:54 AM,
Looks great. A really good blending job and color is a perfect match.
10-31-2015, 02:32 PM,
(06-12-2014, 10:02 AM)travbjork Wrote: New cut in below, see pics. Really happy with how it turned out... aside from the stylist screwing up the hairline and me having to redo it.

What are the specs on your latest unit?
11-03-2015, 01:15 PM,
(10-31-2015, 02:32 PM)EarlyTwenties Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 10:02 AM)travbjork Wrote: New cut in below, see pics. Really happy with how it turned out... aside from the stylist screwing up the hairline and me having to redo it.

What are the specs on your latest unit?

It's a completely stock piece. I get the #4 brown, cut the lace to my template, and then go to a salon for a cut in.

Unfortunately, not every piece I get is the exact same... I've been meaning to send my template, just too impatient to plan a month in advance to order, plus the time to send it in haha. I personally would prefer a custom piece with a poly perimeter, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

Something of note- I've noticed my more recent pieces have been fading and shedding more frequently, despite not changing anything in the year or two of wearing I've been doing.

Probably not Johns fault, more curious if any other TopLace customers have noticed this. I'll post a new thread asking lol