Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] New Toplace Stock Cut In - Terrible Hairline Thanks to Stylist
06-12-2014, 07:47 AM,
[Help] New Toplace Stock Cut In - Terrible Hairline Thanks to Stylist
So long story short, love the cut in, will post pics later but the hairline is friggin terrible due to too much tape. She did a horrible job with the tape in general around the perimeter

I have a date tonight, quick fixes? It's just lifting... temporary glue solutions? Should I apply more tape? (I have blue tape) Should I go buy some Got2Be quick?

Thanks!
06-12-2014, 08:24 AM,
RE: [Help] New Cut In - Terrible Hairline - ASAP
What`s the actual issue ? it`s lifting already ? What tape did you use?
you could simply press the teeth of a comb into your skin, firmly, around the perimeter at the front hairline [this will leave a mark which will fade after a while] use that ` line` as your guide ....simply use lace-release to free your lace from the underlying tape..just apply it to the lace immediately over the tapes area, allow it time to seep through -- after a minute or two, try to [gently] pull the lace up off the tape...if you meet resistance, apply more lace release until it comes free easily...peel off the tape from your skin --it will come off easily enough if you use your fingernails....then wipe the skin clean there with a cotton pad dampened with lace-release.Allow a few minutes for the lace-release to evaporate off from the lace.
You can either apply Got2b there for speed, or apply tape strips directly to your skin/scalp immediately behind /at the ` line` you marked...it can be a bit tricky to get a ` start` on the backing - papers to peel them off, but I`m sure you`ll manage it ...then press your lace down onto the fresh tape/s.
Hope that helps.
06-12-2014, 09:59 AM,
Well, the tape was on too thick, the hair was sticking to it, it wasn't cut to fit properly, and wasn't sticking to my head lol. The rest of it is fine, but the hairline sucked. It was like a solid blackish, weird, lace line.

So I went to Walmart and picked up the Got2B Glued regular spray, they didn't have the ultra.

I used some lace release... that stuff doesn't mess around, it worked like a charm to free up the tape and lace. I then used a scissors to cut the tape strips out and when they became tacky again, kinda shoved it inwards out of the way.

I then used the Got2B and sprayed it directly on my scalp and used the flat end of the comb to hold down the lace. It turned out awesome, pic below... seriously can't see *any* lace at all. Solid hold and helped with my hair style a good deal too.

We'll see how long it holds in the texas humidity tonight *crosses fingers*

Attached Files Image(s)

06-12-2014, 10:48 AM,
looks great man!
06-13-2014, 08:08 AM,
RE: [Help] New Cut In - Terrible Hairline
try oil resistant white glue, its a big favourite.orwg
and you can wash youre hairline if theres to much product build up ,and it normally holds .without lifting,*
*depends on body chemistry
06-14-2014, 08:06 AM,
I'm in San Antonio... think someone commented about being in Houston, but can't find it.

I'll probably end up getting some ORWG but for now just Got2B for me!
06-14-2014, 02:19 PM,
Hey there....Your hair looks good.
I was the on who asked about the Texas humidity.
I live in Houston....so I know about the problem with our humidity in our state.
06-14-2014, 08:52 PM,
You could try pro touch
Antiperspirant , by hair direct