Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Manageability / Mop of Hair
06-09-2014, 11:11 AM,
System Manageability / Mop of Hair
Have y'all ever gotten a system and tried to play with it before your cut-in?

Right now mine is basically this giant ball of semi-wavy hair... it's pretty much impossible to put on my head and see what it's going to look like when it's done. I even tried taping it down a bit to check it out, but no dice.

The front hairline seems super thick too, but... again, it's a mop right now, can't tell.

Has this ever freaked any of you out? Any advice on how to play with it before a cut-in?

Thanks!
06-09-2014, 12:20 PM,
RE: System Manageability / Mop of Hair
the hair is probably 6" long and is really hard to play with.
cant comment on the hairline. do you know if it is a graduated hairline? whats the density of the piece? is this a toplace piece?
really the only thing you can do is experiment with different long styles or slick it back.

what you should do is wash it in a basin to get the silicone off because that interferes with proper attachment. a lot of people recommend washing it with dawn. just be careful not to tangle the hair and rinse it from the lace side.
you can also put it on a styro head, dampen the hair and put a ball cap over it to reduce the initial poofiness. generally it takes a couple of weeks for it to settle down and might seem to poofy. this method helps it to settle down quicker
06-09-2014, 09:37 PM,
All stock systems [Toplace] have graduated front hairlines. I always give my systems at least two ` washes` to remove factory-residues and Silicones [factory sprays this on to add shine to hair before shipping]..silicone can get onto lace and affect the initial bond/s adversely. Just sit it into a basin of lukewarm water to which you`ve added two teaspoonfuls of shampoo...just let it sit for 4 /5 minutes.....no need to agitate it/the water [ the water will usually turn a deep /dark shade, as dye/s come away from the hair]...... remove it and rinse under a lukewarm shower-head....down through the underside of the system [lace] so the water runs off at the tips of the hair...squeeze out excess water ..then blot it gently on a clean dry towel...don`t rub at the hair...allow it to dry naturally ..whilst still damp, gently brush it with a rounded-tipped brush..this will help hair to relax and make for a more accurate cut-in.
It`s hard to ` see` when hair is so long, and it`s sitting on your head...so makes positioning it tricky....it`s far easier to do it once the hair has been cut-in. I suggest you ` prep` [tape up] your system for your trip to the salon, in the manner I outlined in your other thread...this will save time and keep the stylist in some type of ` good` houmour.....all that needs to be done is sit it on, position it, then ` work` around the edge, peeling off the paper/s from the tape strips ...you don`t need to have every last millimeter of the edge taped ...you can easily leave gaps between the strips....it won`t affect the cut-in and it will keep the thing in place on your head no problem at all.
06-10-2014, 04:11 PM,
Good comments from other 2 guys.

I don't know if you are new to hairpieces. I have been wearing for over 10 years so when I get a new piece, I know if density is too thick or front hairline ends too abruptly (wall of hair as others described it).

There is no question that some are better made than others. I guess some factory workers are more skilled. Sometimes I get a piece that's just not right and I don't bother cutting it in because I know that would be a waste of time. If density is slightly too high, I pull out some hair with tweezers (before cutting off front lace) and cut some front hair to create "baby hair".

If you are not sure because you have not gone through enough pieces, I would try Paul's advices first.
06-11-2014, 05:47 AM,
never touch my system hair,i leave that job to my salon, one lady outfit.
I respect the folk who give it a go but I cant afford any mistakes on a system costing £230(inc cut in )
iv mentioned wall of hair with my medium skin system, im going to request a graduated hairline for my next and future systems.thats the advantage of lace over skin, ohh no iv started the lace v skin debate again, lol