Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does toplace offer a factory cut-in?
05-23-2014, 11:04 AM,
Does toplace offer a factory cut-in?
Does toplace offer a factory cut-in? If not, how come? Would they possible do it in the future?

I saw a youtube video where the lady said that it's really not necessary to be wearing the unit when it's cut. She said once you get it you may have to tweak it by hitting the ends with blending sheers but otherwise there is no real need to be there. That's just what the clubs tell you.

Could it be that simple or is this just bad advice?

I ask because finding someone to do a cut-in seems to be a very stressful problem (and possibly expensive). I live in the northwest chicago burbs. I also see lots of people searching for cut-ins only to see their threads go unanswered. I didn't realize finding stylists that know how to do this is rather difficult.

Any thoughts?

thanks for all who help those like me looking for good info.
05-23-2014, 03:43 PM,
RE: Does toplace offer a factory cut-in?
Hi BDman,
The factory does not do styling--sorry. But we do have a stylist, Debbie, that can style it working from a photo. The charge is $34.00 and she does a great job.
Regards,
John
05-26-2014, 01:38 AM,
Okay thanks,

My one strange question comes from the fact I noticed that most posters seems to prefer their hair sent uncut. Even the newbies. I understand if someone already has a favorite stylist but it seems most people go looking for someone. Now my sample size isn't large enough to say this as a fact, but it is what is seems like to me so far.

Any comment?
05-26-2014, 01:50 AM,
Hi Bdman,
By far most people go to a local stylist. Any competent hair stylist should be able to do the cut in--this is real human hair just like you once had growing out of your head. Make sure you wash it before you go in for a styling so that it 'relaxes.' When I try a new stylist I always ask them to 'leave it a little longer.' I can always go back to have it trimmed. Or we can send your unit to Debbie for a styling. I've never heard of a factory that does styling. They've got their hands full with the production side of the business.
Regards,
John
05-26-2014, 02:30 AM,
Thank you John,

In my research there was some other online hair place that said they do styling, maybe it wasn't the factory, who knows, anyway...

It seems to me a local stylist is not easy to find and probably 3 times the price of Debbie's work. How does it make sense that by far, most people go to a local stylist then? I'm still missing something.

I'm still on HC contract but can't wait to go it on my own.
05-26-2014, 03:43 AM,
Hi Bdman,
Styling a hair piece takes about the same time as styling a full head of hair. I think some stylists think that the customer paid two thousand dollars for the hair piece and therefore they can charge more. But not every stylist is like that. Most stylists are honest people and will be fair with you.
Regards,
John