Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Fullcap Photos / Vacation
05-16-2014, 08:40 PM,
More Fullcap Photos / Vacation
Just a few more photos of the recently-styled Fullcap..bear in mind these were taken less than an hour after being to the stylist....system needs time to settle down and lose some of the ` bounce`.
Also, in case anyone asks some questions, I`ll be away from home on holidays from 17th- 27th of May, so bear with me and I`ll be back on the forum after that date...thanks and kindest regards to all readers.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-16-2014, 10:47 PM,
RE: More Fullcap Photos / Vacation
Looks good Paul.
05-17-2014, 01:23 PM,
I like the style and the density. Showing some scalp and a touch of gray adds a lot of realism. Great job as always Paul!
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com
05-17-2014, 03:21 PM,
Paul, that looks great! Love the naturalness at the nape, and the grey.

John, or anyone, what would you think of someone attaching a full-cap like this over their original hair to try it out, with maybe a little less hair at the hairline(or a different style at the hairline)? Since I can't seem to find a place near me to help attach and cut-in a topper for my first time wearing(without being gouged), a full-cap may be something I could try out. Thoughts?
05-17-2014, 06:31 PM,
Last post before leaving for the sun !!
Thanks for the comments guys ..... Vinton Harper.... welcome to the forum..don`t recall seeing you before now ..... just a few pointers for you: If you can ` ease` into wearing with a topper, I`d go that route as it will help you in the future if /when going the Fullcap route.... if you`re having trouble finding a stylist near you, why not consider sending your first Topper to Debbie for a ` remote` cut -in ....plenty of guys do it .....I think John could get that shipped directly to her from the factory if you check with him... send her some photos of your sides/back and she`ll have a good idea as to how to cut it in...the layering of the hair is very important for a nice finished look..... you could easily then ` tweak` the system with a thinning-scissors etc. when you have it on your head..the ` heavy` work will have been done by Debbie......also, if you`re nervous of messing about with it yourself, almost any stylist would be happy to ` adjust` it for you once the ` heavy` work has been done...it`s just to get it blended in where it meets the growing side /back hair....have a look at http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/...ds_003.htm
You can easily get used to attaching /positioning the system using Got2bglued spiking glue .
It wouldn`t be practical to sit a Fullcap over / onto growing hair..... it`s not possible to get glues/tapes to bond onto growing hair ....they have to stick to skin.... I`d suggest the Topper route initially as there`s a lot to learn and get used-to in this wearing game....regards for now.. Paul.
05-19-2014, 08:28 AM,
Thanks Paul, for the information and the welcome.
Though I am not exactly a newcomer. I have been here since the "days of old" before Toplace was sold. I've also met John before at a Toplace convention in Minnesota, and he couldn't have been a nicer or more helpful guy.
I just didn't go with wearing then because I decided I was doing a pretty good job with concealers and wasn't quite ready for "the change".
So I know all about the masterful cut-ins by Debbie, having seen her work twice at the conventions. Just wish I could travel to Maine to get this whole thing over and done with. I did try one of the remote cut ins for one of the Toplace pieces I bought, but I never followed through with wearing that one either because while it was a style I really liked, I decided it would be better to have a look which looked more like my concealer hair initially, to make the transition smoother.
I do have one old custom Toplace piece that I have been experimenting on, but I don't know if I have messed that one up too much to consider wearing it out.

But yeah, the fullcap idea is just a sign of desperation on my part since I can't seem to find a full service hair replacement shop(or at least attach and cut in) around here that doesn't charge an exorbitant amount of money. But a fullcap would be a pretty pricey thing to use just as an experimental tool, which is what I would be using it for right now.

Anyway, it looks like I will be having to go the DIY route before I actually want to and just find a place that will cut it in for me and blend it with my hair.

Once again, thanks for the reply, and have a great vacation, Paul!