Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEARLY BUSTED! WELL KIND OF??? (not a Toplace unit)
05-15-2014, 02:20 PM,
RE: NEARLY BUSTED! WELL KIND OF??? (not a Toplace unit)
anty

i understand the simple pleasure and human connection of conducting business in person, but if she is unwilling to do what you want whats the point?
you said her comment usually is "Anthony nobody cares"
which may well mean that you have voiced objections/concerns previously and she brushed them off.
that comment means, no matter what i plop on your head i dont care and neither does anybody else.
of course we care, maybe nobody else cares about how you look but wouldnt you like that nobody cared how GOOD you look as opposed to "hey that guy is wearing a piece, but who cares...."

i remember that you have stated in the past how good your hairdresser is and she wont let me walk out the door unless ilook great. but her not caring and essentially telling you not to because nobody else does negates that comment.
like i said in another post in this thread, i looked at your 2011 pics and it looked good.
i dont know if she changed supplier or has become careless because she has gained your trust. but the pics in this post and the pics of your most recent thread that some how disappeared are like night and day from your pics a few years ago.

please go with every bodies suggestions and hersutes photoshop, do not let her talk you out of it! she might say oh thats to receded and when you tell her to drop the density (imho you should get 80%} she may tell you its not a good idea..DONT listen....
i bet that you will get loads of genuine compliments when you get a piece to the outlined specs
i have to wonder if she is giving you stocks cut to your template but is charging you for a custom?! in which case she would no longer be able to do if you insisted on implementing hersutes and everyone elses suggestions...
05-16-2014, 06:16 AM,
Thanks for taking time to read the thread
It means a lot to read all the insightful
Comments,
Thanks a million
Anthony!
05-20-2014, 10:34 AM,
I read a lot of people talk about hair being too thick.

What about the picture of the guy on the toplace site. That looks like a huge head of hair to me and he is the poster for the toplace business.

Do you guys think his hair is too thick???
05-20-2014, 11:24 AM,
the poster boy has other pics up on this site, unfortunately i do not recall his username. if memory serves me correct he has a very natural look and it does not appear as thick as the piece being discussed in this thread...
additionally, the guy at the top you are referring to either looks younger or actually is younger. age does play a role in density as well as other factors.
you are also going off of small pic that is up there....

the guy at the top also has what are called curtains, that is when hair is used to cover up receded temples. now picture him with super thick, almost straight across hairline meeting his actual side hair in the before pic. it completely changes the look.

do you think that antys piece is not to thick? do you think there shouldnt be graduation in the hairline? do you think that the shape of the hairline is age appropriate and matches his side hair good? do you not think that the photoshop pic looks better?

when wearing hair in most circumstances less is more 80-%100 density...keep in mind that one sellers 100% can be more like 150% if using a different scale...it falls, flows and just overall looks better.....overly thick hair is one of the biggest giveaways...unless of course one is quite young and has good side bio and temple hair to pull it off, even then seeing some scalp is a good thing....
IMHO
05-20-2014, 12:16 PM,
Thanks Lovehair,

I'm a newbie trying to understand and sometimes have trouble figuring out what others mean.

I'm sure the guy on the pic knows exactly what he's doing and I understand it's a small pic.

80-%90 density is considered heavy according to toplace scale, were you referring to a different scale when you said 80-100%? Do you think medium density in the front would be okay for anty?
Is a CC contour considered straight across?

I can see what he meant by wall of hair, but is that what high density looks like? I don't think he said what density it was. Yes the pic of the back looks like the color doesn't match right, but that could be the lighting. Of course I don't trust my opinion yet which is why I'm asking questions.

What about those to have poly edges and have to keep density high enough to hide the poly? How high of density is necessary for this purpose. Or do serious wearers never use poly edges?

thanks for the input,
Smile
05-20-2014, 02:38 PM,
bd

dont mention it. i understand you are coming over from hairclub,which is basically like starting from scratch...yes i guess i was referring to a different scale...
you should probably speak with or email john. but having a look at toplaces density scale i would say i meant 45-65%...for anty IMO i'd say light to medium and graduated at the front,,,
CC is almost straight D is straight..look here about half way down the page you'll see contours
http://www.toplace.com/how-to-order
most stocks are between A and CC.....
for anty he should probably get an AA thats what i think was photoshopped...

he mentioned that his stylist upped the front density and there isn't any graduation...a high density with no graduation will look like a wall of hair..
graduation is where the front hairline is thinner to show some scalp and then gradually gets to what ever density the piece is. you can see what i mean here
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5988

i cant comment on poly..
as far as the color difference it could just be the pic but its really off so he probably just needs more grey...his pics from a couple of years ago were really nice....
keep in mind that his piece is not a toplace piece....

also keep in mind that i'm not the most knowledgeable but i think what i laid out is good info.
to answer your other question about color, yes it is important...
you should start a new thread..post some pics with your face blocked out (but show your eyebrows...a frontal...side and 3/4 profile and i'm sure somebody will help...

but you should do some reading so you will have some knowledge...maybe try making a template and post your pics with the template on....heres some links to get you going and you can see what i'm talking about..

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5919

and his result

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5997

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=6075
05-20-2014, 05:05 PM,
Bdman and Lovehair, - and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning him - but the "poster boy" I think you are referring to goes by the name of Mr.Burns.
I haven't seen him post too much lately, but I remember him from the "old" Toplace forum. He was actually one of the guys whose pictures got me thinking that this hairpiece thing could actually work and not look like most people think of stereotypical "rugs".
05-20-2014, 10:47 PM,
Thank you Vinton Harper! It was driving me CRAZY trying to remember his name!!

And yes, you and Lovehair are right, he's posted some GREAT pictures and anyone who wants to see them can now search his user name and find them.
I think I'm right that its a fullcap or at least a 3/4 cap?

I don't think they are 'curtains', I think they're temple flaps.
But a while back during a discussion about wide foreheads and using temple flaps, I used Mr Burns picture above to show exactly what you are referring to Lovehair.
I removed his temple flaps and kept the straight hairline and immediately it look SO wrong.

BD, Lovehair has given you a very good link to American Jambo's thread.
He's a perfect example of how doing research and getting your template right REALLY pays off.
Its not often that someone can get such great results on their first order.
Most of us got it wrong at our first attempts.
But the best bet is to remember that over time, you'll buy and wear several systems and each time you can make alterations and adjustments and try different bases.
Those changes will only be noticeable to you and make wearing better for you.
So its getting a balance between understanding the options and not getting too bogged down by them.
Easy for me to say, I know!

The poly perimeter thing is a difficult one to answer.
I think whether you have or need one comes down to how you think you're going to attach the system and whether it would concern you if you or someone could feel the edge of the system if they were to run their hands from your natural hair to your system hair.
A poly perimeter is useful if you want to only attach your system around the edges using tape or glue. It prevents adhesive residue that breaks down and gets gooey from working its way into the lace and creating a mess. Its much easier to clean than just lace.

In my opinion, every time someone chooses the 'easy' option or something that makes a system more durable, they compromise to a degree on detectability.
So in the case of a poly perimeter, whilst it won't be visibly detectable, as I've said, you'd probable find it detectable in terms of being able to feel it.
But a lot depends on what works for you as an individual. So if having a perimeter makes wearing better and easier for you and the 'feel' factor isn't a concern, then thats the right choice for you.
If you decide you don't like it, you can always change it on your next order.

To me, the key things to concentrate on are colour match, hair type (curl and shaft thickness), base shape and density.
If you get those things right, you're 90% there.
The other 10% are things like knotting, attachment, styling, cut etc.
Read American Jambo's threads because he's documented his whole process and its full of useful information.
Good luck!
05-21-2014, 08:36 AM,
thank you once again for the reply's,
the passion, is amazing, only superseded by the knowledge from years of wearing.
im definitely requesting a graduated hairline,jakes is "natural bang on"
colour match I think is fine, its a camera thing, lighting...(my colour that is)
deffo recession to hairline. any slight less density,
amazing! amazing!
for the first time in my life I signed up for a gym last week and went for my orientation today.
I stayed an hour and am concentrating on upper body .
iv got the hair everything else is icing on the cake.

and yes ill make the statement again, wearing has changed my life for the better.
thanks to my friends here , cheers for the advice.
05-21-2014, 11:29 AM,
thanks lovehair for the links, I think this is a great place for me to start.

thanks to vinton and hersute for their input as well.
I'm, stuck in an HC contract and have several months to go but the more research I do, I can't wait to get out. I'll have to get the courage to post some pics for some help when the time comes. In the mean time I'll get out of Anty's thread and start fresh ones with questions as they arise. Sorry Anty for partially hijacking your thread.