Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEARLY BUSTED! WELL KIND OF??? (not a Toplace unit)
05-13-2014, 09:32 AM,
RE: NEARLY BUSTED! WELL KIND OF???
Anthony, I'm really sorry to do this mate because you're attitude towards wearing is one I've always very much admired but those pictures to me make it quite clear why someone has busted you and if I'm totally honest my only surprise is that it's the first time its happened. Like I say I really am sorry to be negative in my feedback and I was tempted to just leave this thread alone and not say anything because I admire your outlook abd your aporoach to wearing as I say and would hate for you to be concerned about your system but for me it just doesn't look right.

It's hard to tell from the photos and I know as well as anyone with my own previous colour issues that cameras and different lighting conditions can show inconsistencies and tones that aren't there under "normal" conditions but it doesn't seem like the colour match is great. Either your sides have become more grey over the last couple of years and your system hasn't adapted to match up or it's just not right as a match from the start but it looks like you need to add a bit more grey. Like I say though photos aren't always a true reflection and your sides are very short so i may be wrong but to me it looks off.

The bigger issue though is the wall of hair as you put it, but to me it's not just the hairline but the entire system that looks too thick and dense. I just think the very short sides and longer, dense top just isn't working and either the sides need to be longer or the system needs to be lighter density or even both. Although i hate the term "wiggy" I get what your hairdresser is saying about the way youre styling it and if she is saying that then I think you need to discuss with her the best way of addressing this as she is the one who sees you in person and can properly advise.

I realise the guy actually mentioned glue at the hairline which is why you're obviously focused on that and trying to brush the hairline forward a bit but to me I wonder whether his eye was drawn to the overall look in the first instance which made him look a bit closer at the front edge. I sincerely hope I haven't offended you with my observations and I certainly don't claim to be the fountain of all knowledge but I have to give my honest opinion and just think you could make a few simple alterations to make it completely undetectable.
05-13-2014, 09:36 AM,
Being able to see scalp through the hair ALWAYS adds to the realism.
When it comes to density, less really is more.
And like it or not, we ALL have to start including a bit of recession as we age.
A full, straight hairline, real or otherwise just looks out of place an anyone over 35.
Even keeping the hairline straight but really lowering the density at either side where it meets the temple hair makes it look more natural.

I find it really difficult to keep making these adjustments because I'm so used to seeing myself looking the same in the mirror, but I HAVE to.
It can be a real wake up call when your photographed with your contemporaries and you realise you have more hair than anyone else.

This is only my personal preference, but to me, this suits you, your age and your face more:

Attached Files Image(s)

05-13-2014, 10:05 AM,
I was busy answering / posting on one of my threads and a few other guys chimed-in before I could get to this ..... I know Anthony will take any ` criticism` in the spirit of it being constructive....he`d prefer [ like us all I reckon] to take the good with the bad.
It`s been a while since I `ve seen a few photos of your system/s ..... this one is too dense and I have to agree with Yorkie [ though tempering my comments also by saying that digital cameras and computer monitors can give skewed impressions particularly relating to colour] but the rear view does look like a colour-match issue..... you should leave your sides grow out also...I think the short sides are exaggerating the density of the system. I`ll attach a photo of a previous system I wore.....I think something like that density, or just a bit higher would suit you better....
Also, as you were in one of those fast-food places, they usually have strong flourescent lighting ....you were possibly under one of those and it ` caught` the glue .... what base are you wearing --- lace or Poly?
P.S. just saw Hersute`s latest addition / photos of suggested style .... that is excellent--that would really really suit you and be totally undetectable!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

05-13-2014, 10:39 AM,
Thanks for the reply s ,(medium poly (skin)
I have to remind the hairdresser to cut recession
Into the hairline, yet again she forgot,
it's already built it, she says ,In a fashion, it's
a very wavey edge, compared to a curved hairline.
not sufficient I'm my eyes to count as reccesion
it still looks square ,and straight across.
I totally agree with the comments on longer sides
And front reccesion
but Im unsure about having recession cut in after wearing the system for around 5_6 weeks I might look starkly different
although the reccesion needs to be subtle.

We decided to do something different on the last order as I was to rough when styling the hairline and it shedded after 2 month
So the hairdresser seid I'll make the next unit denser at the front

you can't really have a system with a denser front and less density elsewhere it has to be uniform density
to sell the overall illusion.

Honestly no one stares or gives me weird looks
trust me I'd know,
I agree with the growing out the sides
and cutting age appr reccesion into the hairline
bit the density will.have to wait till I have enough funds to make a new purchase

I'm sure she maybee thinks she's doing me a favour thinking well it will last longer if it's more dense
but the price is not worth paying versus being ...I detest the term
But "busted"

Written on my Samsung galaxy s4.
05-13-2014, 09:04 PM,
Not practical to thin hair from a poly system as it is in the case of lace.....
it looks like a uniform density ...the front isn`t graduated enough.....
I think, you need to order a system with a more age-appropriate density and more accurate colour-match....there appears to be a difference..your side hair looks like it`s bordering on white and the system looks more a silver colour [bearing in mind it can / may be my monitor] .... it may be time to try a different supplier ?? Why not try a TL system ? There`s an excellent exchange-rate between the Dollar and Sterling ....currently 1£ =1.69$ !! You could be pleasantly surprised at the difference .
05-14-2014, 05:18 AM,
Thanks so very much for the in depth replys
I'll just stick with the current one on my because I prefer to do business with someone in the flesh who can see me face to face,
I know I shouldn't have to remind a trained hairdresser
About age appropriate .density, hairline reccesion, and colour matching ...The foundations of a good hair system.
05-14-2014, 10:58 AM,
Yea...a little shorter, recession, less density and you will be good to go. We only tell you to help, not to criticize. We all are in the same boat. Good luck and keep on warein !!
05-14-2014, 06:53 PM,
I agree with what others have said. Your piece seems too dense and bouffant, and kind of expands outwards at the top like a souffle. A 20-year old could get away with that, but it is eye-catching for a guy in his 30s+, and looks at odds with the amount of grey in your hair. And if you are wearing a hairpiece, eye-catching hair is not good. Steven has done a nice photoshop job of showing you a style which would look great on you. I would take that to your stylist and ask her to try to replicate it on your existing unit. Next time you order you need to start moving down the densities. Think Steve McQueen rather than Justin Bieber :-).
05-14-2014, 07:44 PM,
Cheers for the comments
When I order my next unit
I'm. Going to have all this ingrained,
Offcourse her comment usually is "Anthony nobody cares"
And she reckons folk on the forum obsess over there hair
and she's been a victim if hair loss, she lost her hair during pregnancy. And wore a unit 25 years ago. .so ...hmmm!

!
05-14-2014, 08:37 PM,
Well that's rubbish, isn't it? Of course most hair-wearers are going to be concerned about being busted and confronted in public about their hair, like you were. That was embarrassing for you, and potentially it could have been a lot worse. Even if you like this woman personally, you need to give her a wake-up call that if she is cutting in men's hairpieces the aim is for the client to walk out with an undetectable unit. If she doesn't buy into that proposition she is in the wrong job.