Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEARLY BUSTED! WELL KIND OF??? (not a Toplace unit)
05-12-2014, 09:36 AM,
NEARLY BUSTED! WELL KIND OF??? (not a Toplace unit)
"PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT!!! A TOPLACE HAIR SYSTEM"
went out for a birthday drink for my sister.
all was well no weird looks all night, great.
then just before meeting up and jumping in the taxi, I decide to nipp in to a takeaway and order a pizza,

so I approach the counter, the guy (late 30s, coloured origin very short almost skinhead black hair(its relevant I think )
served me,

I look up reading the top of the takaway menu on the wall around 9 foot high.
so he must have spotted something amiss or...

as he comes out in broken English

"you're hair? is fake yeah?

I reply pardon?, remaining very composed and not spooked!

he says you can see glued on, and winks to his colleague.

then to my surprise he leans forward and shows me his hair,

from the standing angle he looked as though he had hair,

but he purposely showed me his thinning crown. weird.

now I do expose my hair line, which I don't think is wise anymore,

I think because its a skin, system , and the hairline can and maybe does look like a wall of hair, im going to pull the front hair down and hide it from now on.

that spooked me.

good job I was on my own ordering the pizza and not with the rest of the party
or they might have over heard,and opened a can of worms, it might have been laughed of and ended there ill never know.

you kinda go into hyper anxiety mode, imagining him saying let me feel youre hairline,
or ok pull youre hair or

yeah im rambling but it had me thinking, bloody hell I thought I had this game kinda nailed, been wearing for 4 years + now.

maybe I do use to much hairspray, and should let my sides grow a bitt more.

or am I a victim of my lazy self,

I know my confidence is 100% one day one of a full debond.

rock solid bond, clean washed shiny hair,

I wear for up to 3 weeks,

any way any similar experience's or

how many of you expose youre hairline

cheers

Anthony

Attached Files Image(s)

05-12-2014, 03:23 PM,
RE: NEARLY BUSTED! WELL KIND OF???
Hi,
I think one thing to remember is this guy maybe very aware of hairloss himself so is checking other peoples hair to see what they have done to combat hairloss.Quite often i look at other guys hair to see if anything has been done,im not being paranoid,just interested.

Feeling you have been busted is a tough one.I go with a semi exposed lace hairline,and that shows a bit of a line when glue gets in the lace holes,which seems to happen after awhile of wearing the piece,so i have to be careful to clean the lace properly.But a semi or non exposed hairline takes a lot less work IMO,its also more forgiving if the attachment is not perfect.

Regards Topcat
05-12-2014, 04:22 PM,
This thread was hard to read. I just ordered my first system. What do you think you did wrong, and do you think it's avoidable if you are now conscious of it.
05-12-2014, 05:01 PM,
sorry to hear about your experience. you are one of the most enthusiastic weares and i feel your pain with what happen....
similiar to what topcat said......i have always inspected peoples hair even before mine was thinning, i was always concerned with hairloss because my father was bald.
i would always be looking at my friends hair for signs of balding (i'm talking bout from the age of 15 on!!) as well as strangers.
this become even greater when my hair did begin to thin.
i'd look at others to see if it was happening to them too and i still do. because i'm always looking its easy to notice something, something that might not be so evident to another who is not so hair obsessed,
thats what i think happened here. he is probably always checking people to see if they are losing it too. not just checking but real scrutinizing. if anything is just a little off people like that will probably notice.

also with you looking up like that he was probably looking at your hairline from underneath as opposed to straight ahead. what i have noticed is when i tilt my head back or a sideways look at the hairline in certain lighting i can see a white line unless the attachment is perfect. being i'm obsessive i look at my hairline from all angles and in all lighting conditions...from straight on ya cant see a thing though... this is also true with indirect light. in a cars review mirror for example. i had thought it was just the construction of the mirror but its not. i came to that conclusion because the same thing happens when i check in a mirror that i have on the wall by my front door which leads directly outside. i attached a crude diagram to show what i mean (the yellow arrows represent the sunlight coming in).
i dont know if its an attachment issue, the glue or the edge of the system, which is swiss,but i have not been able to conquer it yet. direct light, sun light etc it cant be seen.
perhaps this is also what happened here. most people wouldnt be looking for anything but he was.
maybe like you said you need to let your sides grow out more? perhaps thats what caught his attention?
you made a post recently after getting a new piece and i had made a post to that thread with some suggestions. but for some reason the thread disappeared and i dont know if you ever saw it. perhaps the things i noticed where what he noticed?
i've looked at other pics that you posted in 2011they looked fantastic

Attached Files Image(s)

05-12-2014, 05:42 PM,
That's a nasty thing to happen Mate. I wonder if you are getting over-confident, and no longer seeing your unit the way others see it? You might think of putting up some pics and inviting constructive criticism. Or if you would rather not do that, pick a couple of experienced wears who you trust off the forum, and ask them to do it privately.

Anyway, chin up. At least it was a random bloke in a pizza shop, and not a date or one of your close circle. But time to act now to prevent any reoccurrence.
05-13-2014, 12:14 AM,
I feel for you. I think what made it worse was that for the one who noticed, English wasn't his native language so his response was more direct.

Personally, I don't worry about it. But I am in the hair business. All my clients know and I let it be known. I own it and it doesn't own me.
05-13-2014, 05:51 AM,
maybe a bitt of laziness with the hairline not doing a touch up and old glue maybe showing along the hairline.

having said that im now going to hide the hairline, gives me more confidence.
and it needn't be a excuse for laziness

also I was unlucky enough to come face to face with someone with hairloss problems who as others have mentioned,

there's a lot of us about , i.e. hair loss, but you wouldn't jump to the conclusion a bit of stray adhesive would instantly equate to wearing, it could be a skin condition or anything.

anyway, please don't be put off wearing,
iv been wearing for over 4 years and this is the first comment,
and im sure he winked @ his colleague so could have been winding me up

my hair dresser says you like youre hair perfect, and yiu make it look wiggy.
so don't always blame the hair its as much if not more about maintenance , good wearing habbitts, styling, product use.

also adds to the debate about the "wall of hair with skin systems" versus random broken up sfsl,lace hairlines, that debate continues,

so to summarise, steps im taking concealing the hairline,ie pulling hair down over it,
and easy on the hairspray.
and keeping touch ups closer together not getting lazy

anyway thanks for the comments, I would have replied yesterday or earlier but forgot to subscribe to replies, so assumed I had subscribed and no one had replied(confused yet) lol

thanks for reading and the great comforting commemts

Anthony
05-13-2014, 06:21 AM,
I wear a small hairline piece but I don't really expose it and I mix it in with my own hair so theres little chance of anyone knowing. I don't blame you for not wanting to expose your hairline completely, I would be very concous of my piece if I did that, but some people on here have it down to a fine art.

You state it can look like a wall of hair, not sure how old you are but you might think about maybe thinning it out more.
05-13-2014, 06:43 AM,
with the hairline covered pics

with the hairline covered pics, updated post to thread .
05-13-2014, 08:17 AM,
I never want to criticise because its never that straight foward due to personnel choice but from my point of view its just too thick at the front. I would thin it down by quite a lot, have you tried gel which might help, but that's just my view it doesn't mean its right for you.

Like this, thinned a little and gel used.
http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5988