Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A solution for oily skin
05-12-2014, 03:44 AM,
A solution for oily skin
I know that some of you suffer from oily skin which affects binding time. I personally suffer from very very oily skin. But, I found a solution to this problem and it's actually very inexpensive. It's Pantothenic Acid, also known as vitamin B5. B5 is used by many bodybuilders as an effective way of clearing up back acne.

I stated taking 4000mg a day split into two doses. Within 2 days my face has about 95% less oil. I woke up this morning with almost no shine at all. My face felt as oil free as if I just washed it like an hour prior. Usually I wake up and my skin is so oily that it feels and looks like I literally rubbed olive oil all over my face.

There are a couple things you have to be careful with though. Too much B5 can over dry your skin and your lips. I actually think I might be taking too high a dose. I'm going to keep backing down my dose my 500mg every couple of days until I can find the lowest effective dose for me. Dosing for everyone is different. 1500mg might work for one person, while 5000mg may work for another. You have to experiment. Second, you're going to want to make sure you get a good face lotion to make sure you skin stays nice and moisturized and Auqaphor works amazing for dry lips. Lastly, you're going to want to take a B vitamin complex with the B5, as large doses of B5 can actually cause a deficiency in other B vitamins. But this is easily fixed by taking a B complex. Make sure you check the complex though. Some, but not all, B vitamin complexes have B5 in them so you'll want to calculate that into your B5 dosage.

I'm going to do a full debond and reattach today so I'll keep you updated on whether or not this helps lengthen my bonding time. I'm hopeful that this will help keep the glue at my hairline from becoming gummy and nasty after only 2-3 days due to all the oil.
05-12-2014, 08:29 AM,
RE: A solution for oily skin
I like this info A LOT!
I will be staying tuned and probably buying some B5 VERY SOON!
05-15-2014, 07:36 AM,
RE: A solution for oily skin
Ok, so I did a full debond and reattach on Sunday night. Even after 3 sweaty workouts the glue is still holding pretty well. The front has just started to lift a little in a couple places but still feels pretty solid. The back and sides still feel tight just like it does the day that I do a full reattach. So... so far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I didn't lower my dosage but my skin has rebounded and started producing a little more oil than it did when I first started taking the B5. But that being said I'm still producing significantly less oil. Probably like 60-70% less oil than normal.