Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly -received Fullcap [photos]
05-04-2014, 09:10 PM,
Newly -received Fullcap [photos]
New Fullcap arrived a few days ago..... a few photos attached...will do another thread tomorrow, showing it styled....this is just to show new- comers / prospective wearers, what a new system looks like, and how it looks with the ` excess` lace on it ...
It`s sitting on a glass head-form [in case you`re wondering!] I`m lifting the hair at the temple area and also the ear-flap area..as you can see [ I hope] knots are not visible ... all systems come with excess /` spare` lace all the way around the perimeter..you trim that off with a sharp scissors. The last photo is the crown-view ..it`s sitting on the back of my hand ...you can see the pink hue of the skin through the lace..this gives a realistic look to the casual observer.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-04-2014, 09:34 PM,
RE: Newly -received Fullcap [photos]
Hi Paul,

Looks great! That ventilation along the temporal area looks fantastic...
05-05-2014, 01:11 AM,
And this is from Toplace?? It looks great!

French lace all the way around?

About how much $$$? 8 to 10 weeks?
05-05-2014, 02:15 AM,
Yeah, French lace all over, Toplace system..trust me..it`s practically the same as Swiss, just that Fullcaps can endure more ` stress` than toppers, especially around the temple/flaps area when debonding. I`ve clarified the ``time`` line on your other thread justdontcare..have a look. Fullcaps are $449 now ......John will be able to give you a price ....many other suppliers are well above that for Fullcaps.
Hi rscout..yeah ...it`s a really nice system....there`s grey in it too..hopefully you`ll see it better on the new thread tomorrow....my camera is not great for giving good close-up images ;-( but as you said, the ventilation there is really good on this one ...one tiny area right on the edge of one flap became obvious after the cut-in yesterday but nothing that a little ` tweaking` with a curling tongs won`t sort out [ I`d caution anyone regarding such things as straightening irons /curling tongs....extreme heat is not good for the hair and can damage base materials especially Poly [skin] systems if you`re not very very careful] ... I`d only ever use it in one tiny ` problem` area if needed....otherwise I`d use some ` relaxer` product on the knots to help with hair which is lying in the wrong direction.
05-05-2014, 07:12 AM,
Paul can you please give specs mainly what is density? and I agree the temples are awesome
05-05-2014, 07:50 AM,
Hi Mikegozo..... I`m not sure of the exact percentage/s as the template is with the factory over a year now, and John just reactivates my order periodically ... I asked him to increase the percentage of Grey on this and the previous one, so grey is 10% ...... it`s a bit above ` Medium` density around the sides and just below the crown area because I have to wear a cap / hat at work and am wary of a lighter density becoming thin due to the friction / pressure of wearing a cap all day.....the front is graduated [ all systems are made with a graduated front-density unless `Non-graduated` is specified] For newbies, this just means the front hairline has a lighter density, rising gradually `[Graduated` ] as you go ` back` ....this gives a more natural look to the front ..young guys are usually able to pull off a non-graduated look ---guys of a ` certain` age cannot get away with it ....the image on the Toplace home page is ``Mr Burns`` ...his system is non-graduated.
John will be able to give you my actual percentages..... it looks quite dense in these photos because it`s not yet cut in.....the crown looks just about right and allows for scalp show-through as can be seen by the skin of my hand.... it`s a colour `1b` [off-black / light brown] though it almost looks black in the first photos [the camera -flash tends to do that]..you can see it a bit better in the last photo...... it`s all French lace... sorry I can`t be more specific on the figures...... have a look-in tomorrow as I`ll be posting new photos of it after being styled.... obviously all new systems have so much ` bounce` in them and take some time to settle down and look less ` full` ...initial photos can be a bit misleading !
Kind regards!
05-05-2014, 08:22 AM,
Thank you for your quick response, I will check in tomorrow for your latest masterpiece....But I was always under the impression when you start cutting in unit the denser it looks?

That is why I am trying to sell my topper knowing right now that its to dense for me and the more I cut it the more dense it will look.

But I just had to chime in because I am beginning to see that full caps are looking more and more natural and it is giving us thin side guys more hope !!!!

Mike posted his pics of his full cap and it is natural looking, I had emailed him recently and he had a good friend of ours cut it in for him and he is loving it, and I think once yours is cut in it will look natural...please do take pics of your hairline and temple areas so a lot of guys that are on the edge of making the next move can see how a full cap can change things and make the blending issues the thing of the past.
05-09-2014, 12:29 PM,
Paul,

Looks great as usual. I was wondering if I could ask you a question offline. No problem if you'd rather not. If you are, I could post an email address unless you give out yours first.
05-09-2014, 05:02 PM,
Hi Dino ,
Have removed it now ....replied to your mail dino!
05-10-2014, 12:35 AM,
thanks! you've got email. And you can remove your email address, if you don't want to leave it up for eternity.