Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Excited To Find This Forum and Need Input
05-04-2014, 11:20 AM,
Very Excited To Find This Forum and Need Input
Hi,

I was referred to this forum and can't believe it exists.

I've been shaving for 10 years now. Complete Bic of the cranium. Just because I had thinning hair. Basically a receding/sparse forehead and a little "monk" about like Prince William. The baldness and thinning has kind of stopped at that stage.

My screen name reflects my attitude. I have zero hair now, get plenty of girls just like that, so I "just don't care" about my hair after 10 years.

But, after a recent divorce, I'm looking to maximize my fun and look younger. Aside from all the working out and stuff, some hair might go a long way toward looking younger. I know prior to shaving, people would think I was 7 years younger. After shaving, they nail my age every time, within a couple years.

So... questions....

1) I want to do a very specific style with lots of hair on top up high, like I used to have. It has come back in style and can be seen on a lot of the guys in this video. It is the high hair. Is this possible/easy to do with a full cap? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdemFfbS5H0

2) I have a shaved head. Rather than screwing with dying little gray side hairs, matching colors,blending and ordering custom pieces, I'm thinking a full cap with swiss lace all over would be easiest and undetectable. Does that sound like a good plan?

3) Emotional issues, transition periods, etc are not a problem. I own small businesses in hospitality and entertainment. Nobody is serious. I'm not serious. I can just show up one day with full hair, joke about it and move on. "Just don't care"

4) So could I just order a full swiss lace stock system about 6" long and get it cut by a good regular salon who can do that style from the video?

5) Can I use pommade or wax in it to hold it? Hairspray? Slick it and give it that wet look?

6) Does it pretty much work like what I recall having hair was like? Wash, style and go once you tape or glue it once a week?

7) Replace it every month or two?

8) Bleached knots all over? Full swiss lace? 6" long? Brown? Easy to order? Any retail shops in ny/nj with this in stock?

Thanks!

Very, very excited to have some fun with some new hair!
05-04-2014, 02:34 PM,
RE: Very Excited To Find This Forum and Need Input
190 lookers and no input. Did I ask something weird? Too difficult? Boring?
05-04-2014, 09:38 PM,
Ok ...to answer some of your questions briefly [many of them have been covered before, so just browse through the forum--if you click on any user-name, you`ll find links to all their threads/replies].
1: You can essentially have any style you wish..bear in mind some styles are less forgiving than others when wearing [exposed / non-exposed hairlines etc] The video is moving too fast for me to be able to see which styles you like...there are sites showing men`s hairstyles..just browse them and enclose photo/s of your preferred-style with your order.
2: Swiss lace may be a little less able to take the ` stress` of frequent de/re attachments...I use French lace and it`s more robust and practically as ` light` as Swiss.
3:Good attitude.
4:Fullcap systems have to be custom-made to your specifications and Template [your individual head-size/shape] ..Toplace do not carry ` stock` Fullcap systems for that reason.
5Tongueroducts [ I could write a book ] ---have been covered here many times...guys have their own particular favourites.... waxes can he hard to get out of system hair, requiring strong removal products..these can badly -impact both the colour and serviceable life of any system.... many off-the -shelf products are harsh on system -hair.... best to use system-specific styling products... there are many on-line suppliers ...just do Google searches.... Hair Direct carry a huge range.
6:Frequent washing will oxidise / ` lift` colour and lead to dryness/ brittleness /shedding.....best not to wash too often if possible .....use a daily leave-in conditioner / mist hair with water.
7:I get around 12 -20 weeks from mine because I treat them gently....bear in mind a Fullcap is twice the price of a topper..you don`t want / need to replace it in such a short space of time.
8: You only need bleached knots on the visible areas such as the front hairline and crown-point.
Have a look at my newest thread---shows new system ..hair-length is 4 inches on that and still half of it ends up on the salon floor...no need to order 6 inches of hair unless you want a long hairstyle...you`ll only make ` work` for a stylist and cost you more.
I can`t comment on suppliers /stores in your area... best to make a template and send it in for a custom-made order...allow 8 -10 weeks for a first-time Fullcap order ...subsequent orders will be faster as your template is to hand in the factory and order can be activated by a simple e-mail from John.
Hope that helps.
05-05-2014, 12:47 AM,
Thank you so much, Paul.

Ineeded that basic introduction to give me enough of a foundation to look through the forum and understand what I'm looking at.

I was really hoping there was some off the shelf full cap... essentially a wig, that I could take in for a trim, but I suppose since everyone has different head shapes and ears in different places, it is impossible to have that.

2x the price and 8 to 10 weeks. Ouch.

I wonder how many people are just too lazy to put all the effort in and wait 8 to 10 weeks. I know I'm feeling that way. In my mind, I pictured ordering some oversized stock "wig" with long hair and trimming it to fit the ears/neck/forehead, then going in for a regular cut with the thing taped and/or glued in place.

Not possible, huh?

For clarity, here are the types of styles I am hoping to emulate...

Attached Files Image(s)

05-05-2014, 01:12 AM,
Hi again justdontcare... best to take your time, do plenty of research ....that`s the best way to avoid pitfalls.... I`ve posted plenty of info. on Fullcaps..just have a read through my threads....making a template is critical in getting a good result. Women can access ready-made ``wigs`` which have stretch-fabric in the base, [ have seen them on many sites] but the style is basically all the same i.e. shoulder-length fine /straight hair usually. Men`s hairstyles can be more varied I think ...the photos you show here are of ` exposed` hairlines....well-bleached knots are vital with such styles.... also, you need an age-appropriate density. Enclosing photos helps greatly ..the person making the system knows what you want. The area around the ears can be tricky to get right when doing your template.... I have a little sideburn hair which I keep so that the ear-flap hair of the system, ` blends` onto the side of the face in a more natural-looking way. I`ll be posting new photos tomorrow.You need to fully research the maintenance side of this game [glue/s, tapes, solvents etc. shampoo/conditioners] I know you`re probably enthusiastic /excited to get going, but these can be a big step and needs to be considered from many angles...it`s also far more rewarding than having no hair, in my experience and opinion. The 8 -10 weeks is from the day you pop your template in the post..by the time John gets it, and ships it to China and it gets into the ` line` to the time you get it back....they ship directly from the factory to you now, which is a great help.
If you can`t find an answer to a specific question, feel free to make a list and the forum-contributors will usually chime-in .....bear in mind that time-differences mean you may not always get a reply immediately..... regards for now .
05-05-2014, 01:17 AM,
Amazing. Thank you again, Paul.

I saw your system and it looks fantastic. The 4" is definitely enough. I see that now.

Time for reading and slowing down I suppose.