Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nape hair problem (not a Toplace unit)
05-17-2014, 02:18 PM,
nape hair problem (not a Toplace unit)
I've been a full cap wearer for a little over a year. I wear a baseball cap or winter hat most of the time due to my job or just the weather. I'm having a problem with the hair at the nape of my neck sticking out at an unnatural angle. When it's longer it doesn't seem to be a problem, but as the hair breaks off and gets thinner, it definitely sticks out and looks "fake". Any suggestions? Thanks! (not a Toplace unit)
05-17-2014, 02:41 PM,
RE: nape hair problem
Hi Banjoguy,
Just to clarify for our readers, your problem is not with a Toplace unit. We have just received your first order today. Have you contacted your previous supplier about this? It seems like it's a ventilation issue. When the hair is longer the weight of the hair holds it down. And when it breaks off it doesn't have the weight and therefore sticks out. Thank you.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com
05-17-2014, 02:47 PM,
RE: nape hair problem (not a Toplace unit)
No, this is definitely NOT a Toplace unit. Sorry, I should have mentioned that in my post. I have contacted my previous supplier, but haven't gotten a response. I read Paul's post about ventilation and I hope that solves the issue.
Thanks!
05-17-2014, 06:44 PM,
Hi banjoguy....if you use tape/s at the nape, try allowing your tape to extend a few millimeters beyond the perimeter of the system so the hair on/ at the edge will stick to the tape...this may help you out and lessen the visual effect of hair standing out from the base.... I too wear similar headgear and am conscious of that effect ... I sit the thing on as loosely as I can usually..
You can do the same thing if using glue....just ` extend` out from the perimeter a small bit and it will at least hold some hair ` flat` in against the skin .......let me know if that works.
05-18-2014, 06:23 AM,
Thanks Paul, I'll give that a try today. But wont more hair rip out when I take the tape off, making it thinner each time? Or is there a secret to it?
Thanks again!
05-18-2014, 07:56 PM,
The only secret to not pulling hair out using tape is 100% alcohol and leaving it on long enough for it to release the hold.
Failing to allow the alcohol to work and removing the system too early will result in pull through and hair being pulled out!
All you need is a little patience and gentle touch.
05-19-2014, 05:53 AM,
Thanks for the tip!! I'll give it a try.