Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Hairline Attachment Yet (photos)
04-17-2014, 02:22 PM,
Best Hairline Attachment Yet (photos)
I've been wearing just under a year and I couldn't be happier with the results and how I feel. I just haven't been thrilled with any of the glues or tapes at the hairline. Lifting early, super messy, time consuming and tapes too thick. I read about the 3 mil tape a few months ago but saw so many posts about it being a pain to clean, I opted to stay away.

We'll, I'm here to say that this tape is by far the best hold I've ever had. Super thin...really just glue between paper. Besides the hold, it is easy to apply and I don't have to deal with marking my head for glue application or hair sticking to the glue that I put too far down!

The only complaint I have is that it is not as dull as glue but not super shiny, so I can deal.

I wear SFS at the hairline and a few passes on the mirror covered in Saran Wrap take the tape/glue right off the lace! Give it a shot...
04-18-2014, 02:49 AM,
RE: Best Hairline Attachment Yet
How long of an attachment do you get? And who makes this tape?
04-18-2014, 03:10 AM,
The tape is made by Walker. I'm getting a solid week out of it currently. I work out 4 times a week and have my head under the hot shower everyday. Previously, the best hold I could get was with NX Gen glue but for me, the tape is much better. I've not had any lifting at the hairline since using it and my forehead gets pretty oily.

I don't think John sells it in the store. I buy from HD. Here's a link to it.
http://www.hairdirect.com/store/3-mil-la...ntour.aspx
04-18-2014, 10:55 AM,
Damn... Walker. Walker tapes cause a severe reaction with my skin.
04-19-2014, 02:13 AM,
Don´t like that 3 mil tape at all. Get miscolored after a few days and look weird. Also got lots of lifting. ORWG is by far the better choice imo.
04-19-2014, 06:20 AM,
I used to use glue - now I am all tape - 3-mil up front. Other Walker tapes around the perimeter. I couldn't agree more with the 3-MIL hairline.

Jorn and chazisland if you put a stronger tape behind the 3-mil on the hairline there is NO LIFTING and it is easy to clean as there is only 3mil tape on the front 3/4 inch (touching the piece).

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5288

Here is the technique same thread:

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...1#pid37851

Attached Files Image(s)

03-31-2015, 07:35 AM,
looking good, I love orwg, but for what you get in a bottle £14.oo its a complete rip off(14 mL= 0.5oz)
I use medical grade white glue *perfect brand* 150.ml(50z bottle) £40.00
ill buy another bottle of orwg but only for the hairline +side touch ups as I despise the price
05-11-2015, 08:24 AM,
RE: Best Hairline Attachment Yet (photos)
@antywanty
Quote:I use medical grade white glue *perfect brand* 150.ml(50z bottle) £40.00

How do you find this glue works for you? and how does it compare to ORWG in terms of hold time?
05-12-2015, 06:45 AM,
"I wear SFS at the hairline and a few passes on the mirror covered in Saran Wrap take the tape/glue right off the lace! Give it a shot..."

Chazisland,

Could you or someone please explain this mirror and sarand wrap technique!? I am doing my first de/reattachment tomorrow and im kinda winging it.
05-19-2015, 09:19 AM,
Reubin, in that pic it is very clearly visible that it's a hair piece. With that density, hair style, and tape attachment the lace is clearly visible. That's the best part about OWRG. The lace disappears into the glue and it hides the lace. With tape, the lace just sits on top.