Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 months of wearing time for a new system (pics)
04-13-2014, 04:01 AM,
4 months of wearing time for a new system (pics)
Hey so its already been 4 months wow where did the time go, so i decided to get a new piece cut even though my old one is still in pretty good condition the only problem is that all the grey has disappeared.

Now i initially thought that maybe it had fallen out, but on closer insepection it looks like its got coloured i have lots of very bright brown hair in the system.

Anyway i coloured my new system before cut in and the grey was still all there
then just to take the red off i put through some b2n and guess what i have less grey! in the system hair but its not touched my own grey hair! i was under the impression you could not colour the synthetic grey hair? has anyone else experienced this issue?

So im only going to use the colour conditioner to blend the sides now.

Back to the new system cut in please give you honest opinions. Ive gone for a slighy shorter but keeping the french crop style which is how my natrual hair grows.

Still needs a little tweaking on one side i have noticed still a little bulky on top but i will get the blending shears to that when its settled down.

Also i have coloured this piece one shade lighter then before the last piece was just a little to dark.

cheers guys.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-13-2014, 05:48 AM,
RE: 4 months of wearing time for a new system (pics)
The colour match, the blending and the over-all style are excellent.
There are no circumstances that I or anyone could ever know it wasn't all your own hair.

My only suggestion would be that you considered a few more layers in the cut, just to break it up a bit and give it a more-choppy, less-slicked look.
But thats me being REALLY nit-picking and pedantic and its only MY preference in style, so feel free to ignore me!
When I used to wear my hair in a neater style, I was forever getting people wanting to touch it and mess it up!

PS.
Re the grey hairs.
I think you're right and that synthetic hair should be impervious to dye and even colour conditioners etc.
They can be heat susceptible though and break off or even shrivel up in moderate heat.
Do you think thats what might have happened to them?
04-13-2014, 10:15 PM,
Thanks Hersute for your comments. Yeah i might have a go at layering it slighty when its settled down a little tweak here and there.

Ive been working on the colour match finally got the timing right for me i leave the dye on the hair system for 3min and then dye my own hair for 15min then once the piece is on i leave it to the morning and then just put colour conditoner through the tips of the hair system and into my own hair which just gives it a nice blend.

Its defintley the colour conditoner thats done it i left it on for over 5min so maybe thats too long. my stylist noticed aswell and was surrprised and came up with a theory, one of his clients has a grey piece and apprentley its made from yak hair i thought nah, but on doing some research its widely used in the hair industry.

Ive emailed john to see if he knows.
04-14-2014, 06:14 AM,
yes most pieces are not synthetic gray but indeed Yak. Even the company that I order from advertises synthetic but in fact it is yak hair.
04-14-2014, 10:06 PM,
So i emailed john and he said they defintley do not use yak hair as it is very coarse. He confirmed that the grey hair is actually human hair.
04-15-2014, 09:45 AM,
Southernguy,
There's a simple test to tell if it's synthetic hair. Take one of the hairs and burn it. You'll be able to tell right away if it's synthetic--the smell and the way it burns.
Regards,
John