Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leave-in Conditioner
03-31-2014, 04:52 AM,
Leave-in Conditioner
Hi everyone, quite a long time back ,a forum-contributor posted a thread regarding ``It`s a 10`` leave-in conditioner. I got a bottle at the time and found it good. My only ` reservation` with it was that when used on relatively new hair, it tended to ` thicken` it up a bit, and give it ` hold` which I didn`t really need at that stage ...I recently began using it again on my ` old` / ` tired` system... I`m impressed with how it gives it a bit of ` body` and shine and also a bit of ` hold`...it really has reinvigorated a system which was beginning to look a bit lifeless.... again, as with many products, don`t go too ` heavy` with it ..a little goes a long way ... I tend to back-brush the hair, having first spritzed it generously with water.... then spray in a few darts .....the nozzle produces a ` wide` fine mist ....you get plenty from just 2 or 3 ` pumps` ..you can then style the hair and allow to dry ...it gives a nice healthy-looking shine and helps the hair to ` stand up` again rather than laying limply....it`s cheap too.
You can get it in many places [Google it ] including on `Amazon`. Click on the bottle in the photo, for large view.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showr...Treatments
04-17-2014, 01:19 PM,
RE: Leave-in Conditioner
I tried some of this leave-in with keratin and it's amazing. I accidentally washed my piece a few times with a sulfate based baby shampoo (I didn't read the label and mistakenly thought that all baby shampoos were sulfate free) and my piece got very dry and looked dull and thin. After 1 application of this product it brought back about 80% of the softness, shine, fullness, and body that I had lost from the shampooing. The reviews say that your hair gets better with repeated use. This stuff is amazing! Great find Paul! Everyone should try this stuff!
04-18-2014, 06:51 AM,
Jambo,

It wasn't the sulfates in the baby shampoo that screwed up the hair it was the pH of the shampoo. Baby shampoo is about 100x to about 1000x more alkaline than what it should be for hair. It is this way because that is the pH of eyes..hence "no more tears" from acidic shampoos. Hair is 4.5-5.5ph....eyes/tears 7.0. This alkalinity causes color to fair, hair to swell and lose moisture and become brittle. Exactly what you experienced.

Sulfate shampoos are the scourge they are portrayed to be
04-18-2014, 11:04 AM,
Hhhhmmmm.... possibly. But I (and other members) have used other brands of baby shampoo with great results.
04-19-2014, 12:57 AM,
I am just telling the science behind it all from my experience and education background. You are free to choose and form your own opinion
04-22-2014, 02:09 PM,
You know, you may be onto something with the PH. I tried an apple cider vinegar rinse on my hair and it feels so much better. Much less dull.