Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is that dark line when wearing?
07-22-2009, 04:56 AM,
What is that dark line when wearing?
Hi...On many pictures here I see a dark line where the hair meets scalp. It almost looks like a line made with a marker. Is that from the way the piece is ventilated? Cuz on one side it will look completely natural and then on the other side you can notice the line. Is there anything that can be done to prevent or change that? I'm a little nervous about that cuz it looks a bit "different" from a natural hairline look.
Thoughts?
07-22-2009, 08:12 AM,
Re: What is that dark line when wearing?
I agree with you mate. The eye is drawn straight to any imperfections/differences and it's a bit of a shame to have a great piece let down by a hairline that looks unnatural. Or are we being to fussy mate?
07-22-2009, 08:52 AM,
Its caused by dirt and not applying the lace at the hairline correctly with the glue, Here is one of mine and how it should be done, There are also others who do it very well not just me.

Attached Files Image(s)

07-22-2009, 09:11 AM,
Thats a fantastic pic BA, you look like a young Morrissey in his Smiths days! Big Grin
07-22-2009, 11:47 AM,
Bunglebonce Wrote:Thats a fantastic pic BA, you look like a young Morrissey in his Smiths days! Big Grin

Im a little old than Morrisey mate Big Grin
07-24-2009, 04:42 AM,
What are the specs of your piece BA? is that a spikey front? I have a freestyle piece but cannot get the front hairs to behave as neatly as yours are...the ones on my piece want to shoot straight out and down at the front and loop wide if i try to comb them back...so just wondering. cheers!
07-25-2009, 04:07 AM,
phoenix13 Wrote:What are the specs of your piece BA? is that a spikey front? I have a freestyle piece but cannot get the front hairs to behave as neatly as yours are...the ones on my piece want to shoot straight out and down at the front and loop wide if i try to comb them back...so just wondering. cheers!

Thats 70% - 75% flatback mate, I dont wear that density now I dropped to 65% like in this photo :

Attached Files Image(s)

07-25-2009, 02:17 PM,
Cheers BA! I will order a flatback next...I like how the front hairline looks on yours...very natural.
07-26-2009, 03:05 AM,
phoenix13 Wrote:Cheers BA! I will order a flatback next...I like how the front hairline looks on yours...very natural.

If you are going for the spikey or combed back style Flatback does make it a little more easier.
07-26-2009, 04:45 AM,
BA
do you have any pics of the top

thanks