Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here goes nothing and everything all at once... :/
03-22-2014, 09:36 AM,
RE: Here goes nothing and everything all at once... :/
Thanks for the reply Eric, I really appreciate it. All I have to say is wowwwww! My immediate reaction was pure happiness. Now, I'm looking great and just a tad nervous about peoples reactions. I have been covering it up as best I could, so that's all I can do. Does anybody have any advice of good stories or extreme volumizing products I can use? I may just say I started taking propecia and it thickened my hair (something I would have NEVER admitted in the past).

Eric had a great point with letting them cut it for you. No, they did not specialize, but i called around and found a lady that has 'experience with them'. I cut it myself, but literally took hours as I won't settle for less than perfect- even though it is less than perfect, which leads me to my next question... I know there is still hair underneath the piece not allowing me to get the best bond, and I know it is detectable by touch right now. How do I cut the hairs underneath to match exactly? I'm talking about the side hairs. They are not allowing me to get right on the scalp. This has proven to be a hard task, I want the best bond possible. The hairdresser wanted me to let them grow out until next time I see her Sad she said she can then work with them. But I just need to shave these things. I am using the no shine tape all the way around perimeter. The back sticks out due to these hairs.

Also, I myself can see the lace when my hair is parted. Maybe I'm micromanaging too much? Or maybe it's because I don't have the best bond on right now? Any advice...

So in summary and if anybody can help with some Q's

1) any simple (or not simple) products that I can use as a cover?

2) shaving underneath on the sides where the piece is standing on top of them?

3) is the walker no shine tape waterproof? I am going away for 3 days...am I good with it around the perimeter for that time period?

4) Any lace tips would be great...

All in all, very satisfied and happy I did it. I'm sure as I get more experience it will be less detectable. Thanks to everyone who posts on these forums.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Here goes nothing and everything all at once... :/ - Sidebender - 03-22-2014, 09:36 AM