Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help in New York City
03-25-2014, 07:10 AM,
Need Help in New York City
I know Didi but she charges $175 for a cut in which is more than half the price of the system. I may go to her for my first piece since I hear good things about her and I'm inexperienced with hair systems. But theirs got to be someone else more affordable in this city. Or could I start going to a regular stylist, or even barber? One that doesn't necessarily work with systems?
03-25-2014, 07:40 AM,
RE: Need Help in New York City
I use Didi and yes she is expensive but she does a great job. After cut in, prices for hair cut, maintenance, de/re bond are cheaper. Private room in salon and spends a good hour and half to two hours on cut in. If you do go to her for your first time you will leave satisfied. I have heard of someone named Erin in Bayonne NJ, I have never used her but have heard she is near or same price as Didi. Also, have heard of a guy in Newark NJ, have no clue on his prices. If you do a search on here think their contact info will come up. If you can't find it let me know, I can try to dig it up if you want. Have never gone to a regular barber but have read some people do. Think you just have to call some and ask them if they would cut it. I'm sure you would need to go in with it attached though.
03-25-2014, 11:32 AM,
I am definitely going to Didi for my first piece and attachment. I just can't afford her prices long term. I was thinking what would be the problem of going to a regular stylist once I learn to do attachments. I could even order shorter length to minimize the work needed.
03-25-2014, 12:44 PM,
I'm just passing these addresses on because they've been recommended in the past.
I don't really know anything about them:

ERIN:
Former Farrell stylist.
email: [email protected]
telephone 646 765 9027

Erin is in Bayonne, NJ ... a 30 minute
trip from Manhattan taking the PATH train
and Light Rail
---------------------------------------
Pugsley's Barbershop in Kingston NY
Address 3 Main Street, Kingston, NY 12401, USA
----------------------------------
Dwayne at
http://www.seventysixes.com/#!contact
11 Cental Avenue
Newark, NJ 07102
03-27-2014, 08:08 AM,
Hi guys,

Does Didi do attachments also? Like can she cut my system to match exactly the area I need on my head? This has been my biggest issue so far.
03-28-2014, 03:14 AM,
Yes, Didi is great and do can do that.