Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styling tips
03-16-2014, 11:29 PM,
Styling tips
Hi!

I'm now gonna use my first system from Toplace :-)

Tomorrow I'm gonna put my fourth system in fourth months(!) on my head.

The system is a custom one from Toplace with a very light density (45%-50%). One of the problems for me is that the hair on the back and specially the sides is really thin. What do you think is the best procedure to make the sides and back melt in with the topper? Cut it really short or as long as possible?

Today I have the hair quite long and I'm also using hair from the system to cover the sides but I really want my hair shorter if possible. Because I think a shorter hair on the top makes a smaller change of appearance compared to how I looked with concealers. I also color both my hair and the piece every third week (dark brown/black) because my real hair is now very grey.

Anyone else here with the same problems?

You can read my story here with pictures: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messa...erthread=y.

Any feedback is very appreciated!

Best regards

CliffB
03-21-2014, 10:15 PM,
RE: Styling tips
From the pics you have posted your side hair looks fine enough to blend with a topper cut shorter rather than leaving it longer, imo. Can't really see the back as good in the pics. I wanted to keep my last piece a bit longer but at time my sides were cut short. Although not thinning on sides my stylist said harder to get blend right with shorter sides/back to keep topper longer, so from your pics I would say short. I see you posted this a few days ago and already had cut in so curious on which way you went.
03-23-2014, 11:49 PM,
Thanks for your reply!

I went off with longer hair on the sides and back because that's easier to adjust than vice versa :-)

You can see my new Pictures here: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messa...erthread=y

But maybe you are right that it would look better really short on the sides becaus it looks thin on almost all people, hair loss or not...

Tell me what you think of the new Pictures.
03-24-2014, 03:47 AM,
Hey Cliff, think it looks really good, I like it more on your brushed down style. Could just be because it's new but from brushed down it looks perfect, from the spiked up look just looks a bit to long, like maybe cut just like 1/4-1/2 an inch more from top and would look spot on. Again, only my opinion from pics but, your sides look perfect for what you have. Enjoy!