Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In 1hr I am getting my hairpiece attached.
03-16-2014, 12:46 PM,
RE: In 1hr I am getting my hairpiece attached.
lookin' good!!! betcha wish you didnt wait a year..lol
try using the product with your hair slightly damp. you can mist it with a spray bottle
03-16-2014, 04:34 PM,
Hey Chris,
That looks awesome! The cut and the style really suits you. Can I ask where did you have the cut in done. I guess that it was somewhere in Melbourne Australia?

Thanks Mate - Craig.
03-16-2014, 04:43 PM,
Hey craig

It was in mulgrave
03-18-2014, 05:43 PM,
Hey guys,

I have just run on a couple of problems:

1. I find it hard to spike the front up as I sweat a lot from the gym and I think the glue has come off or something.

2. It is so hard to style the hair when its wet and when they dry up, the feel very hard with the product on(P.S I will tell you the name of the product as soon as I get home..forgot the name).

3. the hair looks perfect but due to the fact that I have a long face, its very hard to find another interesting style for the new piece I want to order. :-S

Thanks in advance,

Chris
03-18-2014, 08:25 PM,
Apart from the front attachment issue you're having with it lifting (which probably means you need to find another glue) everything else you're experiencing are the same things people with natural hair experience.
Finding the right grooming product and style is something that people with their own hair deal with every day!
So in a way, its a good/ normal thing!!
03-21-2014, 09:36 PM,
I'm assuming the pics you posted were right after the cut in? I also get my hair spiked up in front when I go to my stylist and looks awesome when I leave however, for some reason I cannot for the life of me figure out how she gets it so good. She has shown me how every time I go, yet still can't get it on my own to look as good, so I end up just pretty much brushing it back style til my next visit. I guess what I'm trying to offer is you will never be as happy with style as when you leave stylist but just try different products, gels, pomades til you find one that works best for you and style you are trying to achieve. I went like 15 years without so much owning a brush to having a dresser full of products. Felt like a kid at a candy store trying so many different hair products. There are some YouTube videos on spiking hair and products they use although they didn't help me, I guess I'm somewhat "challenged" lol. Looks freakin awesome on ya though, have fun with it and good luck.
03-21-2014, 10:43 PM,
EricInNY,

I have to agree, I just can't get that spiky messy look.
Too many years spent perfecting a smooth quiff is my excuse!
Old dog here, no new ticks can be learned.
03-21-2014, 11:02 PM,
Yea Hersute, it's just a blow dryer and a brush yet still evades me, haha.
03-24-2014, 12:10 PM,
I definitely relate to both EricInNY and Hercute.

That is the main problem that I am having at the moment. when I walked out from there, she made it look a million dollars but when I try to style the front due to the fact that its very short, I find it difficult to achieve that look.

I am going to see her tonight so she can cut the sides short again and give me more tips on styling it as I need to learn how to pull off some decent styles.

ah btw,

I am greek and my mum is a woman that wants to know everything about me life.

I have been wearing for 2weeks now and she still cannot tell what I have changed on me and neither has my dad and my friends. My dad told me that I look good and I should be cutting my hair the same way from now on.

One of my mates just did the typical "ftou sou" where you supposedly spit on the other person and he is like "look at me, what have you done, you look young and very good" and I just said that I lost weight.

My other mate and a 2 very close girls were shocked because they couldnt pick it at all!

I definitely got some pretty hilarious responses
03-25-2014, 05:36 AM,
With your hair as short as it is I suggest you try a wax. I use Style Sexy Hair Control Maniac and it's AMAZING! If you don't want shine then try Style Sexy Hair Frenzy. It's a matte wax. Start off with a *little* bit. You can always add more. Rub the wax vigorously in your hands. This warms the wax and makes it softer and easier to apply and to work with. I like to apply it to hair that's just every so barely damp but you can apply to completely dry hair as well.

I start from the roots and move upward. This allows me to coat the hair completely and get a reworkable disheveled look. If you want a polished clean look then just apply in a "combing fashion" in the direction you want the hair to lay and style with a vent brush. Wax keeps your hair nice and soft. Not stiff at all but still provides a good all day hold that can be easily adjusted and reworked all day long. If you need a little bit more hold, say on a windy day, use a very very light misting of an alcohol free finishing spray on top of the wax. It won't make the hair stiff or hard and will still allow it to be reworked after a few hours but still increases the hold.