Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed for template (pics)
03-05-2014, 08:46 AM,
Help needed for template (pics)
Hello community,

I have a few questions and I am sorry for my bad english, I am not a native speaker. These are my first steps and I am a little bit confused.

I have marked the lines with red and yellow points. What would you reccomend? I am not sure about the temple area, what is your oppinion, how does it look like? I made the line straight as you can see.

What about the hairdensity? Could you based on my photos maybe tell me, which density I can choose? I thought 70-75% would be ok, but I am not sure.

I saw also in this Forum, that it´s possible, that the hair at the frontline are singular knotted, to be more unvisible. Somebody wrote it is important for dark hair on light skin I think. Is it also recommended for me and can I also order it?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-05-2014, 08:15 PM,
RE: Help needed for template
Hi mladjo, I`m not too keen on ``straight lines`` on a template, but in your case, the line/s I have marked on the photos may appear to be exactly that!
The general wisdom is to re-create your original hairline..it looks to me like you may be coming ` down` a little too much at the front /forehead.... while your front hair has thinned, it doesn`t appear to have receded as such, therefore, it`s best to have the front of the system ` sitting` there at that point, rather than down / forward onto your actual forehead, or it will give an unnatural appearance.
At your temple area, you have a little ` bump` of [ relatively] thick/er hair,[ you have it marked with your dotted red line on your first photo] but to be honest, I feel it`s not worth keeping that and ` shaping` the template to accommodate it, because it won`t actually be visible under the ` new` hair......normally, you`d try to keep any reasonably thick / dense hair but for that small bit there, it`s not worth ` complicating` the template, by shaping it ` around` that little bit of hair.....however, I`d welcome input from others ...... this is simply my opinion...others may disagree!
I suggest you get a freestyle system as you can ` play` around with it in terms of styling the hair ...freestyle means the hair is tied in onto the lace in a relatively ` loose` manner and not ` tightly` into a set-style, so you can vary your style to a greater degree as / when you want to. Your growing hair lies / grows in a manner /style which will allow a system to be easily blended in onto...... don`t worry too much about getting densities [percentages] specified...just send your photos to John and he can send them to the factory ..they`ll know what density will will suit you.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-06-2014, 09:49 AM,
RE: Help needed for template (pics)
Hi Paul,

thanks a lot for your advices.

In terms of the temple area I agree with you. I also made the template with a relatively straight line in that area. as it can be seen.

However I am a little bit confused because of my forehead. I have placed three fingers above the eyebrows (or maybe a little bit more) and located the beginning of my hairline. In this area can be seen thin lighty hair but not much, on the photo unvisible. How does my template look like? Do you think it is too much down onto my forehead based on the dotted red line or based on my template? I just cannot imagine how it would look like... :-)
I would also welcome other oppinions ;-)
03-06-2014, 11:43 AM,
Have you got a picture of yourself face-on that includes your eyebrows?
Its a bit difficult to gauge the front from the angle of the other pictures.

I agree with Paul. Your template is too straight and low as it leads into the temple hair, but I do think you could get away with the very front being more-or-less where you've marked it.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-06-2014, 08:23 PM,
Hi again, the last photo there that Hersute attached looks about right... don`t over-stress over it all though... I know this can be daunting for new/ potential wearers [been there ! ] but in reality, as long as you`ve made a reasonably-shaped template, it usually works out ok... if you frown, and look carefully, the forehead skin will ` move` / crease while the scalp skin will not , so you`ll see approximately where the hairline begins.... again, don`t get too anxious about it ..the lace stretches and when doing your attachments, you can easily ` adjust` the position of your system without it looking ` off` ..... some guys like to make their templates ever so slightly smaller than the area needing coverage [by a few millimetres] rather than having to shave ` good` hair out of the way to accommodate the system...this ensures you keep as much of the growing hair as possible while eliminating the perimeter overlapping growing hair .....as I said..there`s ` stretch` in systems and this can be helpful....of course , the other side of that coin is that having a system stretched a little too tightly on the head can sometimes cause headaches ! I`ve read of some people reporting it! On the 3rd photo you posted it looks like the perimeter is sitting onto ` strong` [thick] hair so you`re likely to end up shaving some of that ``out of your way`` --I`d trim the template there so that it`s sitting ` inside` that good hair ! Hope that helps !
03-07-2014, 08:57 AM,
Hi Hersute,

Here the picture of myself with eyebrows.
Well, Paul thought, it´s not worth keeping that thicker hair at the temple area and shaping/complicating the template around that little bit of hair. That´s why I am a little bit confused now.

Isn´t it really complicated to do so, especially at the beginning cause of bonding?

@Paul:

"On the 3rd photo you posted it looks like the perimeter is sitting onto ` strong` [thick] hair so you`re likely to end up shaving some of that ``out of your way``"

-> you are right, I have made it maybe a little bit too big.
I will try to make a new template tomorrow by Hersute´s idea, and post pictures here.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-07-2014, 10:12 AM,
mladjo .. no need to make a new template really ...just trim off a bit at the sides where I pointed out it`s sitting on top of ` good` hair ..... look closely at the last pic. that Hersute posted ...if you follow his dotted green line I think it will be fine ---it will give a little ` shape` to it rather than just have an oval shape ...your forehead is high [photos can be deceptive though !] but you can leave the hair fall down a bit so it`s not critical to locate the ` exact` point of the hairline..... you`d be surprised at how different things can /do look, once the system is sitting on your head rather than a template..... I think your hair looks pretty straight too so you might just want to order straight hair .....it`s possible too to have smaller diameter hair if you feel your own hair is ` small` ... worth considering .... sending your hair -sample will help with that though... John will know what will work best for you.
The template is ok as is --just needs a little bit snipped off here and there which is perfectly normal ! Just to go back to Hersute`s final photo again ..it ` allows` or shows a normal amount of temple -recession for your age where he has ` curved` the green line....if you copy that by trimming it with scissors, you should be good to go ! I always order just 4 -inch hair length too .... I think you might consider doing the same ..your growing hair is short and there`s little point in having 6 -inches of hair hanging down your neck most of which will end up on a salon floor! Less work for the stylist too ! It`s easier to ` see` what you`re doing when the hair is a bit shorter....you`ll still have loads to play with even with the 4 inch length!
03-07-2014, 11:19 AM,
Paul's right. No need to stress over it.
Ultimately there's no right or wrong.
Its also about your personal preferences.

Here is a selection of the suggested shapes mocked up.

Attached Files Image(s)

03-09-2014, 09:10 AM,
Hi guys,

I have modified/shaped my template and that´s how it looks like. Better now?

And more pictures:

Attached Files Image(s)

03-09-2014, 10:54 AM,
That looks SO much better!
I think you'll get a good result with that.

Can I make a suggestion that you make 2 templates because you'll send one off and the other will be useful to help you get the shape right when you need to shave your head.