Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair Sample
02-28-2014, 07:23 AM,
Hair Sample
I know you're supposed to send hair samples from multiple parts of your head since their are multiple tones to natural hair but...I only need a piece for the top of my head. Shouldn't I only send hair samples from multiple parts of that area, I don't see how a hair sample from the back or sides would help if I'm not trying to cover that area. Does this make sense? Or is their something I don't know?
02-28-2014, 09:02 AM,
RE: Hair Sample
Its not like hair is in blocks of colour.
It grades and more usually is lighter at the front than at the back.
Wouldn't you want you top hair to do the same so it matches the lighter temple hair and gets darker towards the back?
You may be only replacing the hair on the top, but it has the meet the side and back hair at some point and you'd want the colour to blend in those areas.

Its just that I've seen it hundreds of time where people get their system and its too dark because they only sent a single sample.
Then you've got to work out if you're going to darken your natural hair or try and lighten the system and all you're doing is opening a can of worms for the sake of sending a bit more hair.
02-28-2014, 02:50 PM,
@Hersute: I'm all for doing this the right way. So I was thinking of sending hair from the front, top center, crown, back, and sides. Are those enough sections? How much hair from each area, and how long? How should keep it together for mailing? How would I label each hair sample? Does it have to be fresh hair/recently cut off?
02-28-2014, 09:29 PM,
I usually cut a small chunk off and wrap some sellotape around the end.
It has to be enough to give a good representation of the colour & hair in that area.
An inch long would be ideal.
You can then staple them with a label or to a piece of paper or come up with some inventive idea of your own!
It doesn't really matter as long as its clear what each bit is.
All hair is dead, so I'm not sure what fresh hair is!
03-05-2014, 12:22 AM,
I agree with Hersute. When ordering a hairpiece, there is no such thing as giving the supplier too much information. The more information the better and more realistic the piece will be.
03-05-2014, 06:53 AM,
I remember my plans to order from tl.
a second pair of eyes certainly can make all the difference, what you think you need and what you actually need could be two different thing's ,
there's a lot to be said for going the salon route first, then going it alone further down the line.
I was going to order med brown from top lace, im actually grey, but my eyes wont let me see it,i can see it clearly when my units off my head,
I think my hairs lighter @ the back,
or remember the hairdresser saying its lighter at the back than the front,
they know a lot of stuff, 30 years of experience.
im pleased I went to see this one lady cheap salon rather than going it alone.i order from her she does the style cut in,
then all going well I don't see her for 6-8 month