Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ORWG
02-25-2014, 06:54 AM,
ORWG
Have tried Ghostbond, Ghostbond XL, Walker Ultra hold all with relatively good results but somewhat cumbersome application- especially with the UH.

I received my ORWG recently and the difference between this glue and the above is night and day! The ease of application is just about as simple, non-fuss as you'd want it. The consistency is GREAT! its less viscous than the other glues I've tried, no early clumping and requirement of 4-5 layers (like the Ghostbond); and no infamous strings (as with UH).

I wear a small partial at the front and I applied a thin layer, waited 5-10 mins for it to dry clear and than pressed the lace firmly into the glue. The results: AMAZING! the lace just disappeared completely... the best result I've achieved to date- and the application a breeze! This adhesive is a pleasure to work with guys! I highly recommend it for the hairline.

I've been using it for 24 hours now so it's too premature to comment on the hold time but the bond seems super strong. I'll update on the longevity of attachment I've managed to achieve, but I'm pleasantly optimistic at this stage.

I thank you Hersute for the recommendation.
02-25-2014, 07:36 AM,
RE: ORWG
Yay!
Sounds like you're getting there.
Its all a bit trial & error at the start but you'll be a pro in no time.
03-06-2014, 08:29 AM,
Well guys 10 days later and still holding strong!

I've had to do no touch ups either- no problems with the front lifting at all and this is with showering every day! BUT... I did make sure on the initial bonding that it was stuck down firmly into the two layers I applied!

For my needs I will attach/reattach weekly but for this test I let it go a little longer just to test the hold time. As you can see it exceeds my requirements and I would expect this hold to last 2 weeks if not longer!

This ORWG is fantastic- I will continue to use it from now on and would advise any newbies to try it.
03-11-2014, 06:01 AM,
Ya ORWG is da bomb. I´ve heard great things about Nextgen too. Even that it is better than ORWG in hold and price.
03-11-2014, 09:35 AM,
yeah, only adhesive iv ever used, it rocks.

what I don't like is the tiny bottle, as I use it for my whole bond, application takes time.
and for what you get its expensive.

not sure who manufactures it either.
ironic the one thing that takes an hour to clean from scalp and system,
then you reaply it,lol

but hey , we do it because of one thing "a feeling" if you wear youll know it, content, complete, happy, yeah all the bothers worth it