Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fullcap Photos
02-05-2014, 08:33 PM,
New Fullcap Photos
Got this system from John in November.... only got to the stylist with it in the last week of January...... will post view of the system unattached, just sitting on the back of my hand and also, view showing the inside perimeter and the small strips of tape I use [do a nightly detachment ] --- once I have the tapes applied, I peel off the backing-paper, then ` turn` them so the shiny non-stick surface is now facing the tape, I then scrunch /fold part of it, and lightly press it back onto the tape..the folded bit is simply a finger-grip for ease of removal...and these bits of paper prevent the thing sticking to the scalp while I position the system....once I have it positioned, I just work my way around , peeling off the papers ..takes me all of 2 minutes in the morning to stick the whole thing on ! [ I prepare it the night before] I notice on one pic of the sideburn area, it looks like the system could be ` down` a bit more onto the sideburn hair...again...the camera makes it look off...it`s just a matter of stretching the lace down slightly at attachment-time ---- it`s not a big issue.

--------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

Attached Files Image(s)

02-05-2014, 10:32 PM,
RE: New Fullcap Photos
million miles away from the perception of a wig, paul sir!
just looks well , umm like a decent head of hair.but you already know that.
I just wish wearing was socially more acceptable, how many millions of guys would be living a happier life. but that's another topic.

keep up the good work on the forum,and many thanks for all the help m8
regards a happy bunny, now im looking for the anti aging pill lol
02-06-2014, 01:55 AM,
Its when I see pictures and results like this, I lose my fear of full caps and start wanting one!

Nice flow to the hair and a really good density Paul.
02-06-2014, 03:41 AM,
Thanks guys ... my camera usually gives a bit of a ` skewed` image and the slightest imperfection seems much bigger..... in reality the system is great...and as Hersute said, there`s a nice ` flow` to this one ..... around the ears is the trickiest bit --- of necessity, you need to trim / cut the hair very short and it`s quite close to the lace perimeter so it can look a bit like ` needles`..it`s best to have the perimeter a few millimeters above the ear and also, not ` against` the ear as it comes down to the sideburn area... again....if you keep small sideburns as I have, you need the perimeter to be just 2 or 3 millimeters ` above` them..this allows the tape / glue to adhere to skin and not growing hair, and also allows for a little ` length` of hair from the perimeter to sit down snugly ` on top` of the sideburn hair giving a seamless look...... the stylist does these for me in about 30 minutes ..she actually enjoys cutting them ! The beauty of the Fullcap is the oxidation [colour-lift] over time. happens at a uniform rate and also there no blending-in issues as there can be with toppers..... if your density is too high / low with a topper, it can be tricky to get a seamless blend-in onto the growing side/back hair........ I find Fullcaps far easier to manage now to be honest....the stylist also said she finds it easier to work with...it`s like starting off with a blank canvas and producing a unique result !
Kind regards to everyone, new and old, on the Forum !!
02-07-2014, 08:14 PM,
I've never seen the inside of a fullcap before.
I'm surprised. It doesn't look that different to a normal topper.
I'm not sure what I expected really, it just surprised me that it opens up like that.
I think I expected them to look more head shaped!!

Whats great about you posting your pics is that not many fullcap wearers do and it really shows what a viable option it can be for many people.
02-07-2014, 09:54 PM,
Paul,

It really looks great and you pull it off perfectly. Your own sideburns not just a tad too long?

It does look like a lot of work though to change the tape every day, but each to his own.

You are the master.
02-09-2014, 10:07 PM,
Hi Hersute.... I agree there`s a distinct lack of photos and input from Fullcap wearers over the last year or so...it`s a pity really, because I well-know the feeling and frustration when I was dealing with ever-thinning hair and having to ` work` harder to make a topper look ` invisible` on top of ` weak` side / back growing hair..... I really just said to myself I can`t be bothered with all this any more ..just go for a ` proper` full head of hair again...... a few guys used to post info. and photos here, of their Fullcaps ..most notably JRob... and once I could see it was possible, I just decided to go for it..... so for any guys here reading this or seeing what`s possible, hopefully the photos will help.
In the 2nd-last one you can just about see that there`s grey hair...about 10% of this system is grey...... I think too that over time, the factory has gotten better and more skilled with producing these Fullcaps....the style I wear is very easy to pull off too..... you have no colour-match issues either,which can really be a heart-breaker with some toppers. You can , of course, have issues, from one system to the next, as these are made by hand, and the main one for me has been the ventilation on the flaps..it needs to be tied-in ` flat` to base as far as possible....I had one a few months ago and the hair was literally standing out at right-angles to the lace.... I got one of those [very cheap] hair-straightening kits in an Afro shop..the one for doing kids hair...I applied the mix to the knots and was able to then pull the hair ` down` / against the lace... thankfully this one shown here is really well-made...... I always leave the hair at the nape on the long side initially, in order to see how it ` settles` ... after a while I can do a little snipping here and there with the thinning scissors to give it a more ` gappy` ` chopped` look.....the trick is not to go ``across`` the back but rather hold the scissors` down` [ crown-to-nape] so that only the tips of the blades grip/cut the hair in small sections.....if you go ` across` at the back you tend to get a ` straight line` look and it looks ` off`.
I get an average of 12 weeks wear from these and I wear a hat /cap at work which isn`t ideal but in fairness, I haven`t suffered any shedding in particular areas from wearing them...I find once [normal-rate] shedding starts, it`s around the ear-flaps that I notice it first.
Oldwearer : Measured them ..they`re 1 inch [25 mm] long.... I guess it`s just that I haven`t shortened them recently-- I occasionally take a little bit off the bottom of the sideburn hair just to ` tidy` them.... I feel having that little bit of real hair there just softens the look of where the system hair ` ends` or lies in against the face .... my template is slightly over-size in that area and the temple area too...I then trim it to fit with a blade... I was always terrified of cutting the actual base , but with time your confidence grows and once you just trim a tiny bit at a time [maybe 2 or 3 grids of lace] you can get it to the shape you want....usually the bottom of those flaps is almost twice the ` width` of the sideburn hair..I then trim the base to ` fit ` !!
It takes me about 10 minutes max. at night to remove this, apply new strips and ` prep` them so I`m good to go in the morning ... takes me literally 3 minutes in the morning to sit the thing on, peel off the papers and press the tapes to the skin... I use Walker no-shine.
02-10-2014, 03:34 PM,
Paul,
You always do such a good job! Excellent!
Regards,
John
02-14-2014, 01:38 AM,
Paul,

It looks great! I am always inspired by your posts and your creative ideas. I go through a much more labor-intensive process to apply and remove my full cap, and I like the outcome. But I love the simplicity of your approach. Sometimes I just want to wear for a day or two and then remove. Can you tell me about why you choose to remove and re-apply on a daily basis?

I have been away from this forum for a while. Are there options for private messaging, so that I can check the forum when I know someone has asked me a question?

dino
02-14-2014, 08:30 AM,
Hey Dino ..long time !
Yeah mate, I try to keep this as hassle-free as possible .... in an ideal world none of us would need to wear, but we do..... I guess there are a few reasons why I remove this nightly...... I like to clean my scalp every morning ` properly` by hopping into the shower with no system on...it`s easier to use some baby shampoo on the scalp with no system on....I give the scalp a wipe-over with alcohol-soaked cotton pads. I also like to sleep with no system on ...it also ` spares` the system ---they last longer [ I have found] if I just wear during the day...... my attitude to these systems is I more or less treat it like popping on a hat when going out, and literally taking it off and hanging it up when at home !
I know everyone`s circumstances are different and some guys need to do a bond for many days at a time and a much more ` solid`, all -around , bond ...I just haven`t the patience for the clean up`s ! ;-)
I used to wear all -poly toppers , stuck on for weeks at a time [courtesy of a ` salon` ] and eventually developed terrible irritation and broken, weeping areas on the scalp.....since then, I prefer to leave the scalp breath as much as possible [lace in fairness, allows far more air ` at` the scalp] ------ I did a bit of snipping at the nape area of this system yesterday ..I`ll take some photos on Saturday when I`m not working ,and do a new thread so you can see the difference a little ` tweaking` can make ... I always leave a little ` length` on the back until about 2 or 3 weeks after the cut-in......I took a little ` out`[thinned] here and there, and slightly shortened it and I think it`s made it look better now .
I`ve seen a few people`s profiles here in the past where there is an option to send PVT messages....not all profiles had the link on them though... I think someone posted here a while back that PVT messaging has now been disabled ....... am not sure. I know that when you do a new thread, and before you post it, you have the option to check / uncheck the box at the bottom of the thread, so that you are / not informed by e mail of new replies to your thread [ I normally un-tick it though, because if there are many replies, your in-box can get a bit cluttered ! ]
Will do the new thread over this weekend !! All the best for now !