Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
few hair questions
07-23-2009, 01:23 AM,
few hair questions
Heyy i trimmed my own hair way too much so to get proper coverage on my scalp i've stretched the hair piece as i applied it so i dont have any bald sections on my scalp. only thing is the adesive strength in these areas doesnt feel that strong and im getting slight lift which i dont understand. But stretching the piece like this wont harm the lace will it?

My hair is starting to shed alot for some reason. I'm gentle with the combing styling and everything but i dont like what in my opnion is this excess shedding it reminds me of my hair loss Sad. I've read some people mention they barely shed with there hairpieces can i ask what you're doing differently. Is knot sealer essential or can i use another preventative measure?
07-23-2009, 02:13 AM,
Re: few hair questions
Danger like anything else there are always some intangibles that can cause hair shedding. I have been wearing about 1 year and 4 months , I ordered two HP's when I started , one was custom the other was stock. The stock I used first and got about 6 good months out of it. The custom has lasted about 9 months and if I didnt accidently poke a hole in it I probably would have got at least another month out of it although I would have been pushing it.

As far as maintenance goes I picked almost all of it up from Debbie and here are some of her suggestions

after washing let it damp dry in a towel before combing it
never blow dry it with hot air , my experience has been use it on cool when styling it
The more you wash it the more loss will occur , I usually wash it 2 times a week and results are good in my opinion
Some people here get over a year out of their pieces , personally if I get over 4 months and only order 3 a year its a workable situation for me

Hope this helps

Bill
07-23-2009, 02:23 AM,
thanks bill, i dont know i do look after it without blow drying. I even let it sit in a towel and leave the fan on. Just feels like when i run my hand gentlely through my hair i get quite a few on hands half the time not quite sure what im doing wrong. I'm keeping washing my hair to once a week aswell and using non alcohol based shampoos Lift on the back from this stretched attachment isnt helping much either !
07-23-2009, 02:54 AM,
Hey mate glad to hear your still wearing, post some pics if you get a chance would be good to see how you have got on since the convention. I have started to use ST-30 tape on my 2 pieces and find the grip to be much stronger and secure fellin than the UH glue. Its also definatly easier clean up, I jut put some lace release on pull off the systems and the tape is still on my head peal that off and job done!!!!! Much easier than scraping UH off your bonce and then going through the hard work of cleaning the glue out the lace
07-23-2009, 03:28 AM,
hey dude long time Big Grin

Yeah i think half the problem was i didnt know what the hell i was doing haha i never had the michigan baldy dvd or anything and didnt watch anyone or ask for any help ive learnt atleast 8-9 different things to do as i attach to get the perfect attachment.Everything is like a million times easier now but i have messed up =P. I needed a haircut on a sunday night and i couldnt wait i knew i shouldn't done it myself but it was mental thing forcing me to do it lol so got some trimmers out and just buzzed my own hair but the guard was not nearly long enough Sad. Now i'm supporting a faux hawk kind of style as its all i can do while my own hair grows back lol. I still tend to wear hats Nearly everyday as its just my thing but the confidence boost of having a nice head of hair when i'm out at night with a group of friends is priceless.
07-24-2009, 05:27 AM,
shampooing
I've been reading on this forum about different shampooing techniques. For example, some say everyday while others say 2 times a week. For those who wash only 2 times a week, isn't there any odor? Also, if you wear any gel, doesn't this need to be washed out everyday? Or, do you simply rinse under the shower ?
07-24-2009, 05:56 AM,
pk, Ive seen so many different people post so many different opinions on this subject its somewhat unbelievable but for now I'll tell you what "works for me". To begin with I dont have an oily scalp and I dont sweat much. I never wash my piece with it on my head, I always do it seperately and very gently 2 and sometimes 3 times a week.I let it damp dry in a towel before I mess with it. I shower everyday and I do use a little rinse everyday but not much . My piece never smells , always looks good (except right now as I accidently poked a hole in it) . lol To be honest I'm lost as to why there would be a smell to it even if you left it on over a week but what the hell do I know. There have been people on here that dont remove their piece except for once a month

if you ask 100 people on here you're going to get 100 different answers to some very large varying degress.
07-24-2009, 03:40 PM,
I guess it depends on how much product you have in your hair, the more you have or the heavier the type of product then the more liklyhood you need to wash it...I wash everyday because Im in a very humid environment and surrounded by women who really pickup on odors quickly. so I rinse with warm to cold water and mildly very lightly shampoo ...and havent noticed any excess shedding in the 3 weeks that Ive been doing this. I blow dry after towel drying with warm to cool air...We will see how long the piece will last but Id say around 4 months by the way its holding up so far...time will tell.