Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Need Help] My Steps - First Step Making The Perfect Template - Photos Inside
01-23-2014, 04:55 AM,
RE: [Need Help] My Steps - First Step Making The Perfect Template - Photos Inside
Hersute, you sir are the f$#king man!
01-23-2014, 04:56 AM,
RE: [Need Help] My Steps - First Step Making The Perfect Template - Photos Inside
AmericanJambo - i hope to get the same results you got....!!!! Smile
01-23-2014, 06:30 AM,
Thanks for all the info - what is single strand and single knotting or in other words how does this affect the hair system?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Single strand means that at the hairline hairs are knotted individually rather than 2 or 3 at a time.
This gives a more natural appearance as hair grow individually and it replicates that better.

Single knotting means that those hairs are only knotted once, instead of double knots which means that
1) the knots are less visible as 'dots' on your forehead and
2) the bleaching is more effective.

When you have very dark hair, these things help to make the hairline look as natural as possible.
01-23-2014, 09:35 AM,
James, I would also request custom ventilation as well as the singe strand/single knot front. I think that's one of the reasons that the system I ordered is so successful. Most people order freestyle, at least for their first system, but for me I knew that wouldn't work. My hair grows forward. I have a crown as well so I had them vent in the natural swirl pattern that my hair grew in, which swirled into forward ventilation. I also ordered no spiky front on the forward ventilation. So when I use a little wax and a no heat hair dryer to stand up the front, it sort of swoops forward and up which give the appearance of an exposed hairline (as you can still see through the hair) but it completely hides the lace. I have French Lace and even in strong direct natural or artificial light, you cannot see the grid pattern regardless of the angle of the light.

Using the custom ventilation that matches the natural growing pattern of my hair, in my opinion, makes it MUCH easier to blend the system with my natural hair. I would have the area of your piece that meets your natural hair vent downwards with the direction of your hair and then the top of the piece vented forward. That would actually match the picture of the look that you're trying to achieve. As you can see in the pic the side are growing down with the top and front growing forward. This ventilation will also make it much easier for you to style the hair in the style that you want and hold the style better with less product throughout the day

Just my two cents.
01-23-2014, 05:10 PM,
Ok
I will update my order and send Jhon an email about that - actually this is one of my open issue - the system style , i think this is a great advices .
Many thanks
I think this is the best forum I ever seen with all the help given.

By the way - some general questions about attaching - I know that for best natural no shine result is best to use only glue in the hairline and use tape on the poly side and back.
How you put the glue on the forehead in the right position ? Is there some magic ? I know I need to put the tape on the poly sides and back any than attach it , after it sits you can mark the hairline - but how do you mark the exact line ?
I found that the ghostbond is good for hairline lace .
01-23-2014, 10:33 PM,
Have a look at this video.
At about 1.50mins, he finds the edge of the system and marks the scalp by indenting the flesh.
You can do this with the teeth of a comb.

http://youtu.be/CMFmlHcK2tQ

Its just one method, other people have their own way of doing it.
01-23-2014, 10:53 PM,
Great Way and great video - i don't like the hair system , looks unreal ....but the instructions are great - what this materials they using there? i never heard about them
01-24-2014, 12:42 AM,
Do you mean what is the base made of?
Its a poly or 'skin' base.
Toplace sells them too.
01-24-2014, 12:50 AM,
No , I mean the material series with the steps they are using