Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with new pieces. (pics)
01-15-2014, 09:17 AM,
Need help with new pieces. (pics)
Ok, so I just received my pieces and I'm getting my first attachment on Thursday morning. But when I checked out the pieces I discovered two things. The knots are slightly appear and the color is too red. I've attached pictures. I contacted the salon and they said that they don't bleach knots there and no other salon in the area I found does either. I've searched the forums and I can't really find anything on bleaching knots. Every thread I've found talks about how it's nearly impossible to bleach knots yourself because they use fabric dyes. I don't have time to send both pieces back to the factory. I start my new internship on Monday and I really need to have me piece attached this week. Can anyone help me with advice on this?

As for the red color, does anyone know if the red color will tone down after a couple washes and getting cut in? I've attached pictures so you can see the difference. I know I should have ordered more grey in the piece but most of the grey is on my sides with not much on top. So the grey I can work with. And the hair on top of my head is slightly more red than the hair on the sides so I'm really concerned with the blending where the piece and my real hair meet. Any advice?

Thanks guys!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

01-15-2014, 09:47 AM,
RE: Need help with new pieces *pics*
Bleaching knots

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...hair&sm=12
01-15-2014, 10:57 AM,
Thanks Hersute! I didn't even think about YouTube.

Any idea about the color?
01-15-2014, 12:12 PM,
I think you need to give it a few good washes and see if it changes colour.
I then think you'd be better to dye your own hair to match it, rather than dye the system.
Its the grey in your side hair that is giving the impression of it being a more neutral tone than the system hair.
However if you can buy Back2Natural somewhere locally, it would tone down the red.
01-15-2014, 04:56 PM,
A quick simple solution is to buy an off the shelf box of dye that is close to the color you desire and dye the piece and your own hair to match. If you are careful you can dye a piece easily. Just leave it on half the time that you leave it on your own hair and carefully comb it into the piece a little bit at a time, with a metal comb, making sure to not get it on the base. Then attach the piece and style it in a way that the knots don't show. Use a blow dryer and product of choice.
01-15-2014, 09:03 PM,
If you really lucky they didn´t use fabric dye and you can bleach the knots. If the did, you wont be able to bleach anything or at least end up with a orange looking scalp. Regarding coloring the unit i suggest this as your best option, but it can be very tricky. I would stay miles away from Back2Natural as it goes very dark in your system. This color depositer only consist of different degres of BLACK and is completely useless for systems with red/brown in them, unless they got a good portion of black too, in opposite to your system. I suggest color unit, color your own hair. You´ll need to take color sample and check the time for both your hair and the unit before making sure you get a match. It is quite the headache. And I suggest you wear the unit with bangs as I do not believe you´ll be able to bleach the knots well enough when the front is colored.

Best
01-15-2014, 09:38 PM,
Back2Natural has ASH tones in it that neutralise red tones.
It comes in all sorts of shades and isn't just for black hair.

Your side & back hair is a more neutral tone than the system.
By neutralising the red, it would help blend the two better.
Colour restoring conditioners like Back2Natural & Aufero do 2 things.
They restore colour and they neutralise brassy tones.
So if you only want to remove those tones (but not restore colour) you buy a shade lighter than you need and then it won't make the system darker.

If you do decide to use a dye, I wouldn't recommend using a metal comb as all dyes specifically say not to allow the dye to come into contact with metal as it chemically alters and distorts the colour.
You have to be VERY careful not to get any dye on to the base.
01-15-2014, 11:05 PM,
I´ve used the medium brown and light brown from B2N and my system became very dark. I only leave in shortly - 5 min. I would not recommended it as it ruined a system going very dark - almost blueish. I have not tried Aufero. Always make a colorsample on your own hair and the system. It may be time consuming but nothing against having to bleach it all out again

Best

"They restore colour and they neutralise brassy tones"

B2B colors your system darker with shades of black
01-15-2014, 11:34 PM,
After a few washes, and with the normal oxidation, the colour will lighten-up. In the meantime, a tip I heard from a person who did it, was to shampoo the hair with ``Head and Shoulders`` anti-dandruff shampoo and leave it on / in for 15 -20 minutes...this will lift the colour, but be ` warned` ---- I haven`t ever done this with any system and that shampoo could be [ relatively] harsh on system -hair. so proceed with caution ..... maybe try it for 10 minutes first, rinse it out and dry the hair..see how it looks--if it`s still too dark, do a further , short application etc. I think once the hair hair been cut/styled, it will look less obvious than it does now ...at the moment, due to the volume of the new hair, it looks that bit more stark. Naturally , as a new wearer,you`ll be ultra-sensitive to every little detail and one of the most obvious differences for all topper-wearers when they take delivery of any new system, is the colour / shine compared to their growing hair ...the factories use silicones to give the shiny look before shipping it to you..once the system is shampooed evenn once or twice, it will loose a certain amount of ` excess` colour immediately, and also the silicone/s ---- if after the cut-in, it still looks a bit ` off`, just use some styling -product such as Brylcreem [mainly] on your growing hair and that will make it look darker...hope that helps. Get the one with selenium sulfide in it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_%26_Shoulders Just note that some of those ingredients are not system-friendly, so just be aware of that and just be very careful not to over-do things, if you decide to give this a go.
01-16-2014, 02:09 AM,
Jorn,

Can you explain to me how Back2Natural Blonde would neutralise brassy tones from blonde hair and restore the original colour by depositing shades of black?

You've stated: "B2B colors your system darker with shades of black " as a fact.
Its not a fact I can find repeated anywhere or by anyone else, so I'm wondering where you've gotten this fact from?

Why would you have to bleach a system to remove it when its a temporary colourant that washes out?

Its the worldwide leading brand for this type of product.
I can appreciate you were unable to get it to work for you, but if that was everyone's experience, why would thousands people continue to use it?