Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this styling product ok to use on systems?
01-13-2014, 05:36 AM,
Is this styling product ok to use on systems?
Big Sexy Hair powder play. I've been watching some styling tutorials and I see this as being a popular product. It's a styling primer that's used before whatever product you use, e.g. wax, pomade, etc. Now it is a thickening product and I've read that thickening products shouldn't be used on hair systems. So, does anyone know if this is safe for use on systems?

http://sexyhair.com/p/big-sexy-hair/powder-play
01-14-2014, 10:40 AM,
RE: Is this styling product ok to use on systems?
Stuff like that just provides a lot of 'build up' in the hair. It can 'weigh the hair down' after a couple of times.
01-15-2014, 01:30 AM,
Personally I agree that this product sounds messy and would build up in a system.
But, on another forum, I asked a guy how it was that he & I bought the same medium/light density systems but he looked like he had tons of hair and I didn't.
He said he used this powder and absolutely loved it.
He called it his secret weapon to getting a full but spiky style.
He wears a taped lace system and does his rebonds & clean ups in like 20 minutes, so it can't be causing him problems.

This is him:

Attached Files Image(s)

01-15-2014, 05:00 PM,
All product washes out with shampoo and water. The system is real human hair so I'm not sure how it would build up. I have used all sorts of products. Hairspray, brylcream, gels, pomades. They all wash out just like they do out of my side and back hair.