Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newbie onboard needs help + photo
01-10-2014, 12:05 PM,
newbie onboard needs help + photo
Hi,

First of all excuse my level in english, it is not my native language and im always struggling writing with it.

Anyways i ve been suffering hair loss since my sixteen, pretty much shoking at that age , felt terrible and that calamity broke that imortality feeling we have at that age.

i am 26 years old almost 8 years of freefall i had a very super density back then now all but memory as you will see in the pictures.

i ve always kept an eye on toplace and now comes the time to try it
currently i am at the step of making my own template . but i realy affraid to miss that step wich all incoming lace woud be built at .

in the picture you could see the first template trial assemetric and i dont now if should go lower on the back and side as i have decent density there .

I realy hope to be helped to the hair styling step little by little and i will post every picture from step 1 to the happy wearer end.

I will be asking more questions and more picture posting as i am going to the gym.

see ya

Attached Files Image(s)

01-10-2014, 12:26 PM,
RE: newbie onboard needs help + photo
looks like you pretty much have it in that next to last pic, just go right to where your hairline is IMO...because it looks like you have thinned across the crown as opposed to having receded from the sides

Attached Files Image(s)

01-17-2014, 05:04 AM,
I agree. Looks like you got it right on the next to last picture. Don't forget to mark on your template the position of the crown. Most people like a crown but there are a few that go without a crown.
Regards,
John
01-19-2014, 03:25 PM,
Sorry for the question but What does it mean a crown on the hair system?
01-19-2014, 10:58 PM,
Crowns are the 'swirl' area of hair on the head.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-19-2014, 11:07 PM,
Haas....make sense ...
11-03-2014, 03:34 PM,
Hello,

Thanks folks for the answers given.I am still at the starting point and havent yet placed the order.I am planning to leap forward in two month or three thought my knowledge for hair systems is as good as a nw0 could be.

but before let me tell you about a date i had couple of days ago, i met with the a good-looking lady.and she was very charmed, she was open relaxed smiling laughing touch while talking, all the sign that you can reasonbly think that she was attracted . we met late at night and it was cold and i was wearing a bonnet, not that i want to hide my baldness as i am shaving my hair to 1 mm and it was cold after all. I still find myself appealing and need to be said throughtout the hair loss years i ve gained a lot of self confidence or shoud i say people thoughts are the least of my worries (that s why i am considering wearing not to hide but to just enhance the life s experience and to please myself).Anyway the lady asked if i may wear off the bonet wich i did without hesitation.she looked at me and said oh !! you dont have hair. "what were your expecting'' i said. no she said it had just suprised me.

after that i can tell that something had changed but at least it didnt affects me at all and started thinking about a similar situation where the same lady would have noticed my lace and would have said instead that i am wearing a wig. i felt that my reaction would have been calm even thought the lady would have shown a repulsing face.

Anyway, I am living at Montreal if there is any professional person or stylist,that you recommend , that could help me throughout the order process and to teach me how to handle the lace until i get enough skill to do it on my own , it would be great.

If not, i will try to sort it out. Based on the photos how much density you think i shoud get? i am thinking to go for a less density first and then order for more denser ones ( my friends always tell me to let grow my hair lol they dont even realise that its finished, so having a a lace would make them think that i took their advice into acount)

I am the kind of guy who goes to the gym three four times a week, would the swiss lace 100 be the perfect match for me?

what realy is preventing from wearing is all the information that i have to master before ordering otherwise i woudl have been a wearer long time ago. If only toplace helps their future customer with person that they can meet in real lif to help them for the template, the order choice and later on with the first cut in and and lace removing.

TL could sell its franchise to people that would hold the training for her and would be remunerated based on the amount of order that place is bringing .
11-05-2014, 09:16 PM,
Give this guy a shout -- Luigi is his name : Addition Cheveux Et Plus, at 4929 jarry est suite 205 tel 514 326 4828. I saw his details elsewhere--
apparently he charges 100$ for his services, which includes debonding etc. You can discuss the details with him yourself.
If you go for a light density at the start, Swiss lace would probably be ok .. however, if you exercise regularly in a gym, your bonding material/s [tape / glue] and hygiene routine, will be important.....heat and perspiration will affect your bond.....trapped sweat can cause irritation to scalp skin and bacteria can lurk there too ..this can lead to infection, eventually..... in a less active person, these issues are not so much of a factor.
French lace is usually more long-lasting than the [ lighter] Swiss. You can shower and allow water at your scalp, through the lace.....this will help
keep your head clean, but the area which is glued /taped will be impervious to water, so a regular removal /cleaning of your scalp, will avoid health issues. You can use the language-translate function on the Toplace homepage..... click the 2nd flag ..that will translate the forum into French for you.
Acids in sweat affects base-materials ...lace and `Skin` [Polyurethane] ...it`s usually not too dramatic / drastic, but in ` skin` systems, you eventually see these little holes appearing and in lace, it can tend to tear /rip..... it`s always best to have a spare / back-up system to hand, irrespective of your lifestyle....sudden shedding can occur, and you will not be in a panic if it does, as you`ll have a system ready to go.
John will help you in selecting a `starting` density for you ....mark your template with the words ` Front` and ` Back` as well as the crown-point.
Best wishes with your efforts ... Paul.