Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing the shine in the hair line
01-08-2014, 09:06 AM,
Removing the shine in the hair line
Hello
I'm using today a French lace system and when I'm going to my hair dresser he uses tape and glue together to place the system in my head.
I'm very happy with this hair dresser.
The only problem I have is the shine I'm having in the front line under the hair that I'm sure comes from the tape he uses.
I would like to know if someone found a clever way to remove or hide the shine in the frontline , I know that the best way is to use no shine tape and I told my hair dresser to buy some bit what can I do in the mean time?
Is there some magic I can do to reduce the shine?

Thanks
01-08-2014, 01:55 PM,
RE: Removing the shine in the hair line
You can use a 'dry' shampoo spray, which is actually a transparent fine powder that when it gets on the tape, will matt it down.
Tresemme make one that you should be able to buy anywhere.
http://www.beautezine.com/tresemme-dry-s...ideo-demo/
01-08-2014, 04:13 PM,
Ok
Many thanks
I will search it in our stores
01-10-2014, 04:16 AM,
Good tip Hersute! Some people also dip a finger in rubbing alcohol and roll it across the tape. That also 'matts' the tape and reduces shine.
John
01-10-2014, 09:22 AM,
I have an idea. What about using a small fine bristle brush and applying a tiny about of a good powder foundation makeup like Bare Minerals to the hairline? A few of my exs used Bare Minerals and it made their skin look completely flawless but it looked like they weren't even wearing makeup. This might also help hide the grid pattern of the lace. Just something to think about. I may actually try this when I get my piece attached and cut in next week.
01-10-2014, 02:01 PM,
I've tried the powder thing. I works to kill the shine, but actually acts to accentuate the grid pattern, especially if you get a close-up look at the area.
01-11-2014, 06:42 AM,
What kind of powder did you use? Some powders have a slight pearlessence <sp?> to them which I would think could make the grid stand out. Just thinking out loud.
01-17-2014, 04:45 AM,
Walker No Shine tape is great to use on the hair line or all the way around a unit. It gives a great hold and true to it's name you don't get the shine
John