Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Specs?
01-06-2014, 08:20 AM,
What Specs?
Hello to all and happy new year.
I'm watching the forum from time to time and as I 've written in some previous posts , although I want to move to a hairsystem, something's telling me not to do it for the following reasons.
Not sure if I can achieve the density I like.Not sure if glues will hold the system in hot places such as Greece where I live.Not sure how long can the system last .Is it the base material that gets destroyed as time passes by, or the hair itself?Also one thing that makes me re-consider a hairsystem is the big time that one needs to be delivered-7-8 weeks and that if the result is not what I've expected then I need to have at least 1 more as a backup or wait 7-8 weeks again.
Anyway,I dont know if this has been shown before, but since I have contacted the company which adverts this hairpiece,and price is too high for me , I 'd like to know what specs this system should have from Toplace .What base , what density and how long should this last .Also do you think that a glue is enough to keep this unit up the head during very high temperatues?The system Im talking about is the one shown below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJgSiwDdcok

Thanks for your time.
01-06-2014, 08:55 AM,
RE: What Specs?
Hi Patinige,
You're experiencing the normal hesitations of almost all new hair wearers. You're doing the right thing by reading this forum and getting advice and input from other hair wearers around the world.
We can achieve any density that you want. It' a good idea to send in a photo of someone with the hair density that you'd like. We'll send the photo to the factory along with your template, specs and hair sample. That way the factory can see what density you'd like. These are custom made units and during the holidays the factory gets a lot of orders. That put the delivery times back to 7-8 weeks. Normally (without holidays) we can turn around a custom system in 4-6 weeks. We also have ready made stock units that we can ship immediately. Typically a system lasts about 4-6 months. I get pictures from customers that get over a year from their systems but this is not typical--they really 'baby' their units. It the hair that oxidizes from washing and sun exposure and not the base that wears out. That video has been widely viewed and discussed on this forum. The density is 60-65% and it's a SFS or French lace base (can't tell exactly because there is not close-up) with poly on the back and sides. Hair is straight. Notice the lighter colored round circles on the bottom of the base? Those are low-lights that have been mixed into the hair to make it look more natural. Can't tell the color but it's probably 2 shades lighter that the rest of the uni to give it 'depth.' A stronger glue like Ultra Hold will give you a good strong hold for very warm weather. Or you can use either Super Tape or Walker No Shine Tape instead of glue.
By the way, the cost of the unit in that video is $895. We can get you the same thing for $249.
Regards,
John
01-06-2014, 05:12 PM,
What is it about that video that seems to grab everyone's attention and interest?
There's nothing about the result that I haven't seen replicated by hundreds of other wearers and yet it continues to be held up as some sort of bench mark in achievement.

If someone could bottle whatever the appeal that videos attracts, then they'd have their fortune made.
01-07-2014, 01:30 AM,
Thanks a lot for your answer John.
Hersute If there are so many people out there who like this video I think that this is because this system is what we in Greece say Its too good to be true Smile.
It looks easy to be "handled" and makes the person in the video at least 10 years younger.
I don't want to promote the company of this hairpiece and as I said its very expensive ...3 times and more than one from Toplace costs.
This is the style I like to have because the result is very natural , no one could ever think this is a piece, and also the hairline is not exposed so you don't have to worry if people are staring at it for being not natural or because they see something strange.
Im not saying that there aren't other systems who look natural ofcourse.I just like this style.
Thanks!
01-07-2014, 01:59 AM,
Please understand that I agree it shows good results, so do lots of other videos & pictures from lots of different suppliers.
But people keep referring to this one.
It must just illustrate the total package for people. It definitely shows what having hair can do to improve someone's appearance.
I have a theory that some heads & faces need hair and for others it doesn't make a scrap of difference to their appearance.
Personally, in this video, I preferred the hair just before the final cut, when it was a bit longer.