Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob Soon to be Wearer
01-04-2014, 01:47 PM,
Noob Soon to be Wearer
Hey Guys! I’ve been creeping around the forums for some time now as a guest. First I want to say thank you thank you thank you thank you for all of the experiences, tips and support that y’all shared here. I’ve learned so much just by poking though and I and grateful there’s such a knowledge base that we have access too.

So, I am not a wearer yet. I’m 28m soon to be 29 and have noticed my hairline slowly receding for about 6 years now. I can still get by pretty well through styling and the right cut but I want to do something before it’s too late. I’ve already tried both propecia and proscar each for a year, rogaine and lasers. I noticed nothing on either pill but I do attribute the slowing of my loss to nioxin and rogaine. Surgery is not an option and I’m comfortable with the commitment level a system will require. I’ve got a great supportive partner of 10 years and just want to get some confidence back. I feel like I’m young enough to not have to worry about thinning hair and who knows… one day the bald look may work for me but not anytime soon.

I’m not ordering from Toplace just although my plan is for my next system to be from them. I’m going through Hollywood Hair in Orange, CA. Doing a stock piece, I’m on the blonde side so I hope I get a good match. I’ll post pics once it’s on. I’ll also post of my current hairline later tonight. I won’t have my hair till the end of this month, so I am taking the time get my supplies together.

Any who… I’m excited, nervous, anxious, ready (I think….) and I just want to say “hi” to you all. I’m sure we’ll all be great friends soon.

Nick
01-05-2014, 07:27 AM,
RE: Noob Soon to be Wearer
Hollywood Hair has a GREAT reputation.
Is it being done by Joe?

Can't wait to see your results!
01-05-2014, 08:19 AM,
Welcome along and glad you found the threads/posts of help..... it can be a bit of a minefield as a prospective wearer, to sift your way through so much information as is contained in a forum, but you have obviously been patient enough to do your reading / research and decided to act..... hope it all goes ok for you ...if you need some specific information or advice once you start wearing, you can post your question/s here...regards, Paul.
01-06-2014, 07:44 AM,
been there, regards trying the most common pills,propecia finistride, and herbal etc.. spent a small fortune.
best thing iv ever done regards my hair,
cant tell you the feeling of having a new bond and styling you're hair like turning back time.
and unlike concealers there's no compromise and results can look astonishing.

enjoy the confidence and feeling euphoric.

Anthony {uk.}
01-17-2014, 11:17 AM,
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm about a week away, getting nervous. Do y'all have any tips for the first day back to work? Like should I let my face get scruffy of the next week than come back clean shaved my first Monday wearing to divert attention?

Apparently Joe past away this past September. Whitney, his daughter has been helping me and is doing the cutin
01-18-2014, 04:28 AM,
Yesterday was my first day wearing ever and it was amazing. I just told people I got a new cut and color and was using a couple new products. Not a single family member or friend though any different. All they did was compliment me. I walked with confidence, didn't make a big deal out of it, and just went on with life.

My recommendation would be to do exactly as I did. The beard to clean shaven is also a very good idea for a bit of a distraction. The more you can make your over all appearance change, the less people will focus on your hair and instead focus on the over all package. You might even want to buy a new outfit. Something that you usually wouldn't wear. For instance, if you wear a lot of black/grey/white then get a colored dress shirt that matches your eyes or contrasts them to bring them out. This can make a big difference in your over all appearance. Have your dress shirt fitted by a tailor so you get that polished look. That's my two cents.