Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue (pic)
12-21-2013, 01:36 AM,
Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue (pic)
This stuff comes in real handy for short term attachments. It's got just enough sticky stuff for a quick and easy attachment. The best part is the clean up---it's water soluble. All you have to do is rinse it off with water. Of course it works better with a skin base or lace with poly since you have more surface to stick too. There are variations of this including freeze spray. You can find it at Target, WalMart, Walgreens, etc.
Regards,
John

Attached Files Image(s)

01-05-2014, 03:38 AM,
RE: Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Glue (pic)
I believe there is an G2B Ultra Glued (stronger) version available now.
06-01-2014, 09:53 AM,
How does this work on your stock units? Anyone have any experience? And do you apply to the head or the system first?

I imagine this would come in handy if someone just randomly showed up at my door and I was unprepared lol
06-01-2014, 03:13 PM,
I have never worn, until recently. Just a few days ago, in fact.
Had an old, old, ...old Toplace swiss lace piece that I finally decided to do something with and cut it down to the size of my transplanted hairline so I could place it behind it and it would hopefully look like my hair when I used concealers. Luckily it did but in a lot of ways it is a lot better than concealers.

Anyway, I attached using the Got2be Glued Freeze Spray and Spiking Glue mixed together - applied to my head, travbjork - and it has stayed firm for a solid 3 days now. And I was sweating pretty good today. I am hoping to just get through tomorrow morning without it finally loosening up(if if even does) until after church, and then I plan on detaching, washing and doing the reattach the same way.

As a new wearer, I do not know how well tape or glue would work for me(or not well), but I am liking this Got2BeGlued stuff.
06-02-2014, 12:46 AM,
Only ` caution` with using it often is --and guys have posted on this before---it can leave a white-ish mark or ` stain` on your lace over time and needs to be shampooed strongly, but it`s fine for speed /ease of attachment /going for cut-in`s etc. it does give a good rock-solid hold but the edges can tend to lift due to sweating etc.
Also, bear in mind you never EVER apply any type of adhesive material [apart from tapes] directly to lace .......you`ll end up with a disaster on your hands...it will seep through onto the hair, and solidify in clumps....you`ll have the clean-up from hell if you do !!!!
And ALWAYS allow time for layers of glue to go practically DRY before applying the next and finally the system to your head...glues take a full day to ` cure`they are not like ` normal` types of everyday glues found in domestic situations...using glues is therefore, time-consuming.....that`s why I prefer tape/s---- I can tape up a fullcap and have it stuck on in about 10 minutes !!
06-02-2014, 06:19 AM,
I found a solution for the white residue. When I detach I just use a spray bottle of water and soak the areas that have Got2be on it and let it sit a few minutes. Then when it's off I just run water through it lace side up while I roll the lace between my fingers, kind of like rolling a cigarette or like when you have glue on your fingers and you rub them together back and forth. Just dont do it too hard.

This quickly dislodges the glue. I have done this on my piece that is over a year old and it still looks as good as the day I bought it.