Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What styling product for this look?
12-12-2013, 10:55 AM,
What styling product for this look?
This pic is similar to the look I'm trying to achieve. Not exactly but very close. What styling product do you recommend to get this look? I had planned on trying a few different products such as PM Dry Wax, PM WaxWorks, and Mitch Hardwired. I know dry wax won't give the shine but perhaps the look/hold? Any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

Attached Files Image(s)

01-08-2014, 12:15 PM,
RE: What styling product for this look?
I wear a similar style and I right now am using short sexy hair Control Maniac, its a wax and you only need a little, and it might be too waxy for you, so on touch up days where I need to add some extra product between washes I'm using short sexy hair quick change, its more of a creme pomade just to add a little product when i need, I also sometimes use like one spray of L'oreal Everstyle styling spray just to add some type of hold, too much and its crunchy, like a tiny bit is perfect.. I also switch it up and sometimes use a leave in conditioner as product or Brylcreem when its towel dried and then a pump or two of the Everstyle spray, its worked well for that style, I get crazy towards the end of a systems life and try all kinds of stuff lol.. But I've had good luck pulling off this style the last couple of years even with an all around tape attachment when I'm lazy, and my friends are harsh and would love to point out a flaw, but they cant ever find one.. Cheers
01-10-2014, 05:36 AM,
Thanks for the tips! I'll check into that. I want to wash my hair as little as possible so I'd love to get 3 or even 4 days of good looking hair with the right product. How often do you wash your hair? Any chance of getting a couple pics? Cheers!
01-10-2014, 10:23 AM,
I get about a 7-8 day attachment, and only wash the piece hair once if at all thru that period, i rinse every day and wash my own hair, but the product hangs in there, if i need a touch up thats when i use the quick change, its not as heavy and works nicely inbetween. heres a couple pics of the style i wear

heres another one

Attached Files Image(s)

01-10-2014, 03:50 PM,
last one

Attached Files Image(s)

01-10-2014, 05:50 PM,
yo beersnob you rock it well man, looks super natural.

quick question about your wash routine. so you just rinse your hair + piece every day with water, and shampoo hair+piece once a week?
01-11-2014, 06:45 AM,
That looks great! That's really similar to the style I'm going for with just a little less fohawk. What are the specs on your system? How long do your systems usually last? And lastly, what glue do you use?
01-12-2014, 10:53 AM,
Hey thanks rainman54, I just rinse the piece every day, wash about once a week, if I can, I hold off on washing til de/re, although I do shampoo my real (growing) hair daily..
AmericanJambo, I'm wearing a stock piece in all these photos, some have a bit heavier density than others, I like to keep 2 pieces at the least in rotation at a time, that way I can have one ready to go and the de/re goes much smoother, and its way easier on the piece than trying to detatch, clean it, dry and prep just tends to wear it out faster so with the two pieces I can stretch them about 6-8 months, these are french lace and I'm pretty hard on my pieces.. I most of the time use an all around tape attachment and am using Walker Ultra hold tape at the moment, I dont show complete hairline so I'm able to pull it off.. I have been getting my interest peaked by some of the thinkskin pieces I've been seeing on here lately and am looking forward to trying that out as soon as I can swing it..
01-13-2014, 05:08 AM,
Since you rinse the system every day do you have to apply the Control Freak every day or does it reactivate when it gets damp?
01-13-2014, 09:33 AM,
I do not need to apply the control freak every day, usually just style it and reapply every other day if need be... I do however use about 1 or two pumps of the Alochol free spray, super sparingly once styled every day.