Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are these microfiber towels any good?
11-25-2013, 04:47 PM,
Are these microfiber towels any good?
Does anyone know of these are good towels? Thanks guys!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098VI96O?_enc...8&psc=1&s=
11-25-2013, 09:35 PM,
RE: Are these microfiber towels any good?
Do you mean just in general, as a towel or do you mean in conjunction with wearing?

I buy the very small cleaning ones because I think they're great for cleaning up the hairline.
They take soft glue off the base but sort of roll it up into a ball, rather than smear the glue around.
I use them instead of a mirror slide, and I buy them cheaply (5 for £1) and just dispose of them.

But as far as full size towels, I'm sure they're great but I see no purpose for them in connection to wearing.
11-26-2013, 12:25 AM,
A lot of users just buy the small microfiber rags that are about the size of a handkerchief. They buy them at auto supply stores or dollar stores. They can be washed and re-used.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
11-26-2013, 04:52 AM,
Hey Hersute, how do you use the small microfiber cleaning clothes instead of the mirror slide?

When I read people were using microfiber towels I assumed they used them to reduce shedding when drying their pieces after washing them, especially when they were still attached. So I figured it was the larger ones they were using.

So more like this:

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Micro...ning+cloth
11-26-2013, 06:36 AM,
I did wonder if you were confused and actually, you're thinking does make perfect sense!

As John says, its the cloths/rags that people use.
When the front hairline starts lifting, but the rest is still attached, you need to lift the front and clean off the broken down glue before you can touch up the front with new glue and stick it down again.
To me, a mirror in the situation is of no use.
Instead, I would use the microfibre cloth to clean the glue away from the base.
If the glue is very soft, the cloth just lifts it off the base. Non microfibre cloths can just smear the glue around and if its a lace base, just push the glue in between the lace holes, making things worse.
If the glue isn't so soft, you can dab a bit of alcohol on to the cloth and use it that way.
Likewise you can clean your scalp too.

When it comes to a complete debond, again the cloth can be used to clean the entire base.
11-26-2013, 08:29 AM,
Wow! Thanks Hersute. That sounds like a much easier way of cleaning the base. Sounds like there's much less chance of messing up the base.
11-26-2013, 09:09 AM,
I will say though, when it comes to cleaning the entire base at debond, I used a microfibre cloth for years and was pleased.
Personally I never liked the mirror slide as it just seemed like more mess to clean up off yet another surface.
But, soaking in the entire base in Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover was by far the most gentle & effective way to remove glue from a lace base.
There's no rubbing involved and I've never suffered from shedding or the hairs being pulled through the underside of the lace.
11-26-2013, 11:58 AM,
How easily does the Autoglym wash off?

Is this the right stuff?

http://www.amazon.com/AUT-19325-INTENSIV...ar+remover
11-26-2013, 12:56 PM,
Yep, thats the stuff.

After 15-20 minutes soak, you just rinse it under the tap.
You can give it a second soak if you need to.
After that you just shampoo as normal and its all gone.
11-27-2013, 06:31 AM,
Thank you so much! You guys are always so helpful!!!!