Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What other supplies do I need?
11-22-2013, 07:05 AM,
What other supplies do I need?
Ok here's what I've got so far:

4 bottles of ORWQ
1 role of StickIt low shine tape (just for holding the piece in place when gluing)
3 4oz bottles of PURE Adhesive Remover
3 4oz bottles of Lace Release spray
1 8oz bottle of PPI Conditioner II
1 8oz bottle of PPI Prelude shampoo
1 4oz bottle of PPI Vivace leave in conditioner with sun screen
1 lighted magnifying make up mirror
1 pair of hair sheers
1 pair of thinning sheers
1 pair of clippers

The sheers are for making minor adjustments. I'm going to have my pieces professionally cut in. At least for the first few pieces. I've cut my own hair for 15 years so I'm comfortable making adjustments and keeping my sides trimmed with the clippers each week when I do my removal and reattachment.

I need to pick up some microfiber towels so if anyone has a good source please let me know.

I'm going to pick up a couple bottles of ProTouch Adjust A Bond for keeping the hairline clean. Unless anyone has a better suggestion?

I need to pick up some hair product. I'm looking for a good wax that's got decent hold and can be reactivated if possible. Also any other styling products that anyone recommends would be good. I would like to only have to wash my hair once a week when I do my detach/reattach so recommendations please.

So is there anything else that I should pick up? Any other products I should try? Thanks guys!
11-22-2013, 10:37 PM,
RE: What other supplies do I need?
I think you've got the required supplies,
also just to politely point out this question has been answered 100,s of times

please search the forum for , supplies, adhesives, ect

cheers anty (uk)
11-23-2013, 08:52 PM,
I`d get some citrus-solvent such as `C-22`, `Desolv-it` or ` Remove` as Alcohol-based adhesive removers can be time-consuming to work with...some residues are quite resistant and need repeated applications, leading to frustration. For stubborn scalp residues, and in order to protect the eyes, place a sweat-band around the head [once system is off] and spray the area liberally..allow 10 -15 minutes, and the residue will be turned to a soft consistency...then wipe it off with kitchen towel and shampoo / wash as normal. You`ll develop your own preferences regarding glues/ tapes over time...depending on your individual physiology, some products will work better/worse for you than on other people --it`s one of those ` imponderables` of this wearing -game...it`s trial and error until you find what suits you best...regards.
11-25-2013, 07:24 AM,
Thanks guys. Anty, I did search, I was just trying to make sure that I wasn't forgetting anything or I didn't miss something in my search.
11-25-2013, 07:29 AM,
np m8