Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pure and Ghostbond XL
11-16-2013, 12:47 PM,
Pure and Ghostbond XL
Will Pure work to clean Ghostbond XL? Thanks!
11-16-2013, 02:58 PM,
RE: Pure and Ghostbond XL
when i first used ghostbond xl i used the pure on 2 occasions and it did nothing, even after letting it sit for a bit the 2nd time...
but what i have noticed is that if the bond is only a day or 2 old it is very difficult to get the ghost off....
what i have realized is that after the xl has been on for a few days it is much easier to clean. my assumption is that its because it has started to break down.
keep in mind that it breaking down after only a few days is dependent on the persons lifestyle and chemistry.
myself, i have oily skin and i do crossfit, so i sweat quite a bit from my workouts..
11-16-2013, 08:57 PM,
Ghostbond XL seems to be different to most white glues and the normal disolvers don't work as well.
I think , in this case, you really need to also buy the Ghostbuster Remover that goes with it.
11-17-2013, 07:40 PM,
Strange, Ghostbond XL was supposed to be made for people who have oily skin and sweat a lot. Maybe I'll give it a try down the road. Spending $35+ shipping for 1 bottle of glue and remover is a bit steep.
11-17-2013, 11:27 PM,
If you think $35 is high, I just looked on the HD website and they're selling Ghostbond Supreme at nearly $200 for a 5oz bottle!!
11-18-2013, 05:08 AM,
$200?!?!
11-18-2013, 07:02 AM,
I just use desolvit with ghost bond xl. Comes off the scalp easily, if you let the desolvit sit for a few and then scrape it off with a credit card. I then use a wash cloth with dawn detergent and hot water to clean the rest. I find the ghost bond xl to be fantastic compared to the safe grip and regular ghost bond I used to use. Safe grip was a nightmare to clean and always broke down into the lace. Ghost bond xl leaves hardly anything on the lace.
02-06-2014, 07:02 PM,
AJ - did you use ghost bond on your hairline? I know it's a white glue, so does that mean it would be more visible on the hairline?
02-07-2014, 08:08 PM,
Nicnik,

I'm sure you realise, but I'll just say it for clarity...
Although they're called white glues and they go on your head white, they turn clear/transparent as they dry.
They can take 5-15 minutes to turn clear and you can apply another layer or do your attachment.
After that, to fully cure & harden, ideally they need 24 hours in which they don't get wet or the scalp sweats.
If the glue does get wet in that time, it turns white again.
Other than that, white glues are invisible.
02-17-2014, 02:09 AM,
I use Ghost Buster and it works like a champ. I take the piece( which is an ultra thin skin}, which is probably easier to clean than lace, and place it in a plastic container with about an inch of Ghost Buster, lay the piece down, and let it soak overnight. It will not harm the hair. In the morning I just shampoo the hair and the piece is clean. I find the Pure works well on my scalp. Apply and scrape with an old credit card, reapply and wipe with a microfibre cloth. By the way, put a top on the container, or your place will smell like a chemistry lab! As per Pro Hair Labs, you can reuse any Buster in the container, stuff will go a long way.