Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former transplant patients ?
11-03-2013, 06:11 AM,
Former transplant patients ?
How many of you guys are prior surgical patients ... I made the plung a few years and very much regret it as I still have most of my hair but the temples and front look moth eaten and not right

Thinking it may be time to wear soon as I'm at a crossroads. Reputable surgeon wants to throw more grafts , blood templates , and new ideas at me and him and the staff were obviously upset when I told them I like the idea of a system and I'm tired of throwing ideas and my wallet at the wall

Would love to hear a transition story - and if you were a partial or full to cover the scars.

Thanks gents
11-03-2013, 12:40 PM,
RE: Former transplant patients ?
Noone ? i find that hard to believe
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM,
I've never had a transplant, but I have been considering getting one. FUE looks promising and there are some surgeons (albeit a few) with a good reputation. If you don't mind me asking, which procedure did you have done? Was it with a reputable surgeon?
11-04-2013, 03:38 PM,
I would advice against it now that I've been down that road.. I'm young and had a lot of native hair, total of 2000 grafts into my temples and frontal to make my hairline straighter . Now I have a huge scar on my head, despite propecia , minox and no real history of hair-loss in my family my hair looks like shit and the shock loss set in pretty bad , 2 more small touch ups and I've lost a lot of ground. In certain light the transplanted hair is see through

It was with one of the most known surgeons who was known to do good work.. Reality is that 2000 grafts isn't even close enough to blend in with the native hair. It's a real slippery slope once you go down it and your bound by chains once you've been cut into . I had strip and even acell used in my procedure

Wearing is the only real solution to alopecia my friend and I have come to learn that the hard way like I'm sure others can agree on. It's something I now have to live with the rest of my life and I do not look visually pleasing without hair, I model on the side and can go from looking like Channing Tatum to a bridge troll with the stroke of some clippers
11-05-2013, 07:40 AM,
Good thread Trooper01 as I have many questions relating to the hair piece and HT relationship. I have considered both as like you I look freakish without hair.

I have heard of people using a HT for the hairline and a piece behind the HT. This makes the piece easier to disguise, as its behind the hairline the attachment or lace is much harder to detect as it is not exposed. Maybe this is something you could research more. It would give the option of allow all your grafts to go into making a dense hairline that is not see through under strong lighting and then place a piece behind it.

Does anybody know if wearing hair for a long time damages your chances of getting a HT?

What I mean is all the glues and bonds going through the skin does it effect the skins health and ability to sustain normal hair once its transplanted into that area.

I would be interested to see before and after pics of your HT Trooper. Its something I was considering and its always good to speak to someone who has actually undergone the procedure.
11-05-2013, 09:33 AM,
I´ve had 3000 grafts (3 times) in a small area in the front FUE, and I regret it. I´ve shaved it down and wear a piece and this looks much better.
11-05-2013, 11:36 AM,
3000 x 3 times. So you had 9000 grafts? That should have yeilded some good results. What do you think went wrong?

I have seen on other hairloss forums some amazing HT results. I am not sure which way to go yet.
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM,
Ill see what i can cook up for you airbag

At this point with some hair loss stuff in the news and the gears turning i may decide to shave down and wear and in 10 years if they have reverse engineered hair-loss then i will go that route.

The transplants are just not really a solution and dont really tie into my existing hair well, youll hear them say they "create" the illusion of density or transplants are like an art

At the end of the day f____ that i want real density , no smoke and mirrors . I mean how much longer can we go in a vain society without someone having a cure especially with the amount of woman as well suffering from hair loss. Im not letting anyone cut into my head anymore while hoping for the best

my 2 cents

My problem now is meeting someone in my area (and i dont even know how to do this) that could apprentice me into wearing

Airbag i always want to note some of those Forums are shady and when ever someone comes on to talk about a bad experience they are run off and the threads are deleted, alot of the docs protect each others reputation and alot of the mods are a bit of fan-boys

Saw a guy the other day, great looking, tall handsome however his head was shaved down to the skin and i saw the tiretrack ear to ear transplant scars on the back of his head.. He wasent standing up straight, he looked sucked of confidence and when he saw me checking them (i wasent even really ) out he went out, got his baseball cap on and came back into the bar - I refuse to let this happen to me. What a terrible terrible way to live