Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thin Skin Stock Unit Color
11-01-2013, 05:09 AM,
RE: Thin Skin Stock Unit Color
These newer pictures look very good with a much better blend.
I think the colour difference is really the main thing you need to tackle for now.
11-03-2013, 06:24 AM,
I think your hair looks great! do you cut it in yourself? what are your attachment methods?
11-04-2013, 11:31 PM,
Hi Rainman
The cut-in is made by a professional hairdresser near where I’m living.
Normally my wife attach me and shorten the hair on the unit the evening, and early the next morning I go to the hairdresser with a cap ;-)
I attach my unit with glue, a full bond: Magnetic Jack (an Italian product similar to Ultra Hold) for the first 2.5 cm (1 inch) on the front and Ghost Bond for the rest. Now I ordered Endura-Bond from TL to test this product for the front, I will give a feedback abut that after the next attachment.
At the beginning I used Ghost Bond (water based glow) for the entire unit, but after I made some sport, by washing the hair the front secede a little bit. And because this I decide to switch to non water based glow for the front.
The reason why I use a water based glow for the rest of the unit, is why if for some reasons the glues comes out from the unit to my hairs, is easier to clean it out with a little bit of shampoo and I don’t need some special remover. And also why for my wife is easier to manage with a water based glow than manage with more strong glues like ultra hold.
Can be that the forum experts have better suggestion about to make the attachment, but at the moment for me this is the best solution!?
I appreciate suggestions about to improve my attachment, for me is important a minimum held of 4 weeks or more also on doing sport (cycling).
Regards
Alessandro
11-07-2013, 01:07 AM,
Hi alessandro, your pictures have motivated me to write my first post. I apologise if I don't write well because this is not my mother tongue.

I just want to say that, seriously, this is the best hair piece/attachment I ever seen in 3 years that I'm diving in these forums. I understand you can have some problems with the colour as you have different tonalities.

Also, I want to ask you about your expierence skin/sport-sweating. I'm very interested in a skin piece but that subject worries me as I run one hour 4 times per week, and I wonder if the sweat will "leave" my scalp going through the skin base or if I will need to remove my system.

Thank you very much.
11-18-2013, 02:42 AM,
Hi Borja,

sorry for my late answer…
Also for me English is not my mother language…
Thx for appreciating my hair piece/attachment ;-)
Now I ordered the Aufero as suggested by Hersute, I try it, but I think I have to live it a little bit longer on the hear (tested it with 7-8 minutes), or buy the darker one… Now is quite better, but is not yet perfect.
About your question on sweating during sports and thin skin, for me this is not a problem, this thin skin has a good transpiration and I never felt some sweat not going out from the hair piece. But I think this can also be individual, I’m a middle sweater. Can be that other guys here on the forum have other experience?
If someone is interested, in attachment some pictures of me without hair piece ;-)

Regards
Alessandro

Attached Files Image(s)

11-18-2013, 08:50 AM,
Alessandro, If you apply the Aufero to clean dry hair, it works faster and stronger, so you might want to try that too.
11-18-2013, 04:35 PM,
What an astonishing difference the hairpiece makes to your appearance You must be very pleased. What age are you?

I was interested to see you list cycling as an interest. I am a keen cyclist too. Last year some friends and I rode the Eroica (strade bianchi) race in Tuscany. Although I have never had any serious problem, like the piece coming off, I find it is one of the more challenging situations for wearing hair and keeping an undetectable look, with the sweating, the helmets and the strong wind at your hairline. I have only ever worn a lace and tape combination though. I am a bit surprised to find that it also works with thinskin. You don't find that sweat gets trapped under the base?
11-25-2013, 01:36 AM,
Guys sorry for my late answer…

@Hersute: How long I have to leave the Aufero on the dry hair? I have to shampooing the hair after this or only rinse it?

@Baldrich: I’m 33 years old; I’m wearing hair units since I was 19… I’m very happy with my unit, now (since 2 years) that I have discovered toplace and I can make all at home I’m quite more happy ;-)
Of Course I know the Eroica race (I never rode that race), very nice landscape, but very very hard I think… From the age of 14 to 19 years I was running a lot of races in Switzerland and north Italy, but when I began the university I leave the competition and from there I ride bicycle only for fun and with nice weather, eheheh ;-)
To come back to the hair unit, I never worn a lace unit (I have a new one here at home, that I like to test once); I think lace is better than thin skin for the sweating. But also with thin skin is not that bad and the sweat come out from the base, or from side of the base… I never had problems, important that you have a full glued base without air between skin and base.
Can be that you wrote it on other posts, you wear an exercise lace base? You tape it only on the outline of the base? During the night you remove it?
11-25-2013, 01:48 AM,
Most people find leaving the Aufero on for 15 minutes max is enough.
You use it like a normal conditioner in that you rinse it off when you're done.
Keep rinsing until the water runs clear.

Let me know how you get on.
11-28-2013, 01:43 PM,
Alessandro

Toplace sell a particular base design which is actually branded as "the exercise base". I haven't tried that. However, I have designed my own base for exercise, which may be similar. Basically it is all lace with a thinskin perimeter on the back and sides, some additional thinskin tape patches in the middle, and a thinskin strip which runs parallel to the hairline but about one-and-a-half centimetres back from it. I was originally experimenting with a base I could use to go trekking in Nepal with some friends. I wanted to be able to keep my piece on for 3 weeks if there was nowhere with privacy to do maintenance, but also not to have to wear a cap all the time. I reckoned I could touch up the front one-and-a-half centimetres of the hairline quickly in a bathroom if need be. Anyway, it works well for trekking or watersports or cycling.

I don't remove my piece every night - usually once a week. If I am doing something strenuous at the weekend I use my exercise unit as described, and do an extra change into a lace unit for work.