Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 -month old Fullcap ---pics
10-28-2013, 11:15 AM,
4 -month old Fullcap ---pics
OK guys... A thought occurred to me today -- we all want to see `new pics` of systems that have just been cut in and obviously, for newbies and those on the fence still, these are helpful and important...even if there are flaws, it`s good that we see systems as they are.
A concern that many people have , when considering wearing, is ` How long will a system last me` ...... it`s a tricky one..... a bit like ` how long is a piece of string` ! Many factors affect systems as we know.
Your lifestyle, local water quality,sun-exposure, products we use on the hair, sleeping with the system on. etc.
I decided to post pics of my ` old` system---it`s around 15 - 16 weeks in use now --- obviously it`s not as pristine as it was on day one !
Bear in mind, I wear a cap during my working day [ same type of thing a policeman wears] and this year Ireland had a really hot summer, and it got warm under that hat !!
I hope this gives some idea of what you may expect from a Toplace system..... thankfully, I`ve never had sudden / severe shedding as some people have experienced with systems [irrespective of supplier].... I obviously can`t pin-point why that`s the case.. I can only give feed-back on my own experiences to date. I use the Remysoft shampoo and conditioner when I wash my hair ---a bit pricey you may think, but they ` last` and are specifically for system-hair and those, along with my preferred leave-in conditioner [` PPI Enhance``] are what I attribute my relatively long-lasting serviceable spans with my systems to..obviously the quality of the hair at manufacture is very important here too.

---------------------------------

Attached Files Image(s)

10-28-2013, 12:43 PM,
RE: 4 -month old Fullcap ---pics
Looks good Paul. I cant tell really from the pics but the hair just above ur own sideburns looks from the pics quite thick for the area but I know pics can be deceiving. But looks good overall.

CB
10-28-2013, 10:20 PM,
Hi cowboy.... yeah it`s the way the camera makes it look... if anything , the very edge of the lace there is becoming visible from the gradual shedding/thinning, but honestly, ` Joe public` don`t notice anything .. I work dealing with the public [hence the cap I have to wear] and you`d know if people`s eyes were ` drawn` elsewhere when you`re speaking to them..... I`ll keep this one for work-wear and the newer one for home/casual wear..... will be heading away next week for a few days in the sun [canary islands] so the new one will be in use... plenty of ` Enhance` conditioner as it contains sunscreen, and will also wear a light baseball cap to prevent as much oxidation as possible. I just wanted to let people see how a system can possibly look after a relatively long time in use / wear. Cheers for the reply mate.
10-29-2013, 04:38 AM,
I really like the textured cut & layers.
Is it just a bodywave curl?
10-29-2013, 05:59 AM,
Hi Hersute... yeah..bodywave. It`s beginning to look a little ` tired` now but in fairness, considering it`s jammed under a reasonably heavy cap half the week, it`s still in pretty reasonable shape...there has been normal / minimal shedding ...a little colour-lift but I treated it with colour a few weeks back..... I find spritzing with water during the day helps...once the cap is on and the heat builds up, the moisture does help to keep the hair in some kind of reasonable condition. I think the layering and slightly ` chopped` look which the stylist did, helps to sell the illusion of a full head of growing hair..... actually, I was pleased a few weeks back.... I was getting out of a van and met this lady who I just know casually through my work....she was coming along the street and I had no cap on at the particular time....so we said `Good Morning` and then she said ` Oh I`m only used to seeing you with your cap on ....haven`t you a fine head of hair ..makes you look a lot younger than with the hat on ` !! [Friend for life !! :-) ]
Just goes to show, how people casually looking at your hair will usually be completely taken in !
10-29-2013, 07:22 AM,
Looks good Paul and even although you point out the ware and tear, as you say the general public would never notice ( only us over critical and obsessive hair wearers! Lol )

As for your upcoming holiday in the sun you should check this product out, Philip Kingsley Swimcap cream.

http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/product_i...ts_id/2228

Use it like a styling product and I can guarantee that it will eliminate all sun and water related problems that play havoc with our hair!
Have a great holiday when it comes.
10-29-2013, 07:42 AM,
Thanks for that LTB ... I`ll definitely get that, but it`s probably too ` late` now for this trip, as I`m leaving on the 2nd .... seems like a really good product to have in the wearers arsenal ! Obliged for the link and hopefully other wearers will benefit from it .. best regards!