Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK this should solve nape attachment for full cap issues
10-25-2013, 10:21 AM,
OK this should solve nape attachment for full cap issues
Those who wear FCs and have attachment issues.

1. order poly for perimeter
2. Put tape on the poly at the nape area (super tape or blue liner)
3. Put glue on the skin at the nape area (super stick)
4. Then attach the tape over the glue on skin (make sure the area is clean and shave any growth)

This will ensure an extremely tight bond and should not lift for a considerable time. The tape will stick longer to the skin once it has a coat of glue, as opposed to just being stuck directly on skin. I have never had lifting issue at the nape using this method.

CB
10-26-2013, 04:31 AM,
RE: OK this should solve nape attachment for full cap issues
I use all lace, and I have no nape attachment issues anytime I use a very strong tape such as Blue Liner, Supertape, or Stick It (my favorite). Having said that, I am still very intrigued by your (Cowboy's) recent photos with the thinnest skin perimeter. But my understanding is that the thinnest skin cannot handle such strong tapes. Have you used a strong tape on top of the ultrathin skin?
11-07-2013, 11:35 AM,
RE: OK this should solve nape attachment for full cap issues
Cowboy is using an injected perimeter on that piece, which means by definition it can be no thinner than 0.06 or 0.08 mm.

The only possible ventilation method for poly pieces thinner than that is v-looping (0.03 mm), which cowboy doesn't have.

So cowboy's poly perimeter is either 0.06 mm or 0.08 mm poly, either of which can take strong attachment.