Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could you critique my full cap template? (Pics)
10-25-2013, 08:55 AM,
RE: Could you critique my full cap template?
canty... here`s the type of shape you`d be best to go for... Hersute has done a good job with his suggested lines...you need to ditch the ` straight
lines .. I tend to have the edge of the base in the nape area, on a ` level` with the bottom of the ears..... yours looks like it`s still too high up at the
back...I can see where your hair grows and what you want / need is to re-cover that..obviously you don`t want hair literally down your neck to the
shoulder blades but I suggest you mark a horizontal line on your nape area [use an eyebrow pencil ]where the tips/ ends of your hair used to lie...
then have the edge / perimeter of your template about 1/4 of an inch above that line...it will look far more natural than having the system too ` high` on
the back of the head.... have attached pic of the line/s I draw on my head before laying on the clear-wrap... it helps to ` see` what shape you`re tracing out on your film.... use indelible marker on the clear film to ` copy` the outline..... remember, once you have your template made, allow it to settle for a few days..they often change shape and / or the film can ` shrink` a bit ...this can affect [in particular] the flaps..... they may not be lying in the right place compared to when you just completed the template!
You can adjust your template by adding more material or trimming as required..it can be a bit frustrating, but patience will reward you.
You will always have marker lines on your template which are a normal thing as you ` adjust` the finished template to actual / finished size ...just specify on your order `Ignore marker-lines ----- system to be made to actual template size ` You can of course, mark small arrows on it to indicate hair-direction [Ventilation] required if you`re going for anything except Freestyle..... you might like to mark a crown-point or if you don`t want one, just specify ` No crown-point required`

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could you critique my full cap template? - Paul In Ireland - 10-25-2013, 08:55 AM