Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could you critique my full cap template? (Pics)
10-31-2013, 06:36 PM,
RE: Could you critique my full cap template? (Pics)
Just had a look .. it`s looking a lot better now .. however, at the temples where the top ` meets` the flaps, just a tad more recession could be added
there--just maybe as little as 4 or 5 millimeters to give a slightly more ` rounded` look there...it looks slightly like a 90-degree angle at the moment--
if you just tweak it there so it`s a bit rounded.

Something along this type of thing.... it seems like your own hair ` follows` that pattern from what I can see under the template? The very bottom of the flap there---I`d ` straighten` the bottom across..looks a bit ` jagged` and also..it`s very slightly ` forward` onto the face..trim a tiny bit off the front-edge so that the flap is ` sitting ` nicely in line with your sideburn hair...you`d be surprised how a tiny adjustment like that will look once the system arrives....also, just behind the ear there..just ` tidy` up the edge..looks a bit ` rough` / jagged..just trim it a fraction.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-31-2013, 08:04 PM,
Hello Paul,
I trimmed it just a little bit, but not much. There's hair beneath, actually, it's hair that didn't fall completely but became "baby hair"... you can't see it even without the template if I shave. I want to reconstruct my hairline, so perhaps I should leave it.

[Image: MCxlcDB.jpg?1]
[Image: 1BDQUGT.jpg?1]

It doesn't stay 100% flat around the flaps anymore because I added too much tape, I think... I'm assuming this isn't an issue since it's just a guide.

[Image: Y3dfli0.jpg?1]
10-31-2013, 08:52 PM,
I think its looking good.
If you order a lower density (about 5%-10%) and create a graduated density hairline in the area I've marked, then I think you'll get a really good result.
You need to drop the density for the temples & sideburns anyway.
To work out the exact amount, you should let Paul & John advise you.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-31-2013, 09:25 PM,
Hersute Wrote:If you order a lower density (about 5%-10%) and create a graduated density hairline in the area I've marked, then I think you'll get a really good result.
You need to drop the density for the temples & sideburns anyway.

I need to ask explicitly? I wasn't aware of that, I thought a lower density around the temples and especially the hairline was standard. I was thinking normal/medium density, and standard undetectable hairline/temples (90%?)
10-31-2013, 11:40 PM,
I think you have to request a graduated hairline density.
I'm not sure its standard, but best to check with your supplier.
Average density is about 60%-65% I think at Toplace.
11-01-2013, 08:36 AM,
Hi Canty --- excuse my shaky markings--doing it on a touch-pad isn`t the easiest.... I understand what you mean about having hair underneath which is not visible to me ... have a look at the area circled in green-- you can see it`s like a right-angle [90 degrees] there.... for a natural look, just add / make some curves rather than straight lines..... also, the flaps...on the view of the other side of your head, you have the edge of the flap in closer to your ear [which is good] but on this view here [ your left side] the edge of the template is further ` out` onto the side of your face / away from the ear.... I know it can be a real ` pain` to get a template ` nailed down` but you`re pretty much there now ---just a few minor tweakings and you`ll be good to go...... I always leave a gap between the edge of the system and the top of the ear..if you have it resting / sitting onto the ear, it`ll itch / irritate you and you`ll end up trimming the lace [ I`m sure you`d rather not have to do that..... if you leave a ` gap` of even 5 or 6 millimeters, it`ll allow for a few very short hairs there... I always find that area [flaps] can be tricky when making a template, so persevere with it.. you`re looking pretty good as it is......
Systems are always made with a ` graduated` density by default, so no need to stress on it..... John will be able to mark /specify densities, on the template anyway, if you send him a pic of how you looked with all or most of your own hair..... obviously you don`t want to recreate what you looked like in your late ` teens, but depending on your age now, a little bit of `normal` recession / thinning should be factored-in. It`s also advisable to go with a style which is what you looked like with all your own hair for a new system...you can, over time become a little more adventurous and order systems with changes in your look / style ....going for a totally ` new` look on day one, can draw [unwanted !] attention from people who know you and who you may not wish to make it know that you`re wearing ......hope that helps.

Attached Files Image(s)