Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
07-25-2009, 03:47 PM,
for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
Do you order the piece blonde? And is this a good solution to color matching issues?
07-25-2009, 03:49 PM,
Re: for those who dye their hair and hairpiece
In other words do you still get that brassiness on medium brown hair if you order it blonde and dye the piece and your own hair?
07-25-2009, 06:18 PM,
That's what I do and it works like a charm.
07-25-2009, 10:22 PM,
Hi James,
I remember you saying you are a hair stylist, so this should be up your alley. Do you think its a good idea to order blonde and dye my hair and the piece black? My natural colour is black.

Regards
07-26-2009, 01:31 AM,
James, what color number is the blonde that you order?
07-26-2009, 02:56 AM,
Its a great way of doing it, But you have to be good and confident at colouring the hair.
07-26-2009, 03:01 AM,
my hair colour is somewhere between dark blonde and light brown. I bought 2 bottles of semi pernament wella dye (one dark blonde and the other light brown) and I mixed them both together 50% of each exactly and then applied it to a fading piece. I left it on for 30 mins and then rinsed it out - however now it has a red tint to it - does anyone have any suggestions on why there is a hint of red. Could it be that I left it on too long or should I have mixed the dyes differently like 25% of one colour and 75% of another colour etc... Anyone ever mixed the back 2 natural dark blonde with the back 2 natural light brown leave in conditioner - does it give the same hint of red. Any suggesitons will be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

Dan
07-26-2009, 03:04 AM,
deano59 Wrote:my hair colour is somewhere between dark blonde and light brown. I bought 2 bottles of semi pernament wella dye (one dark blonde and the other light brown) and I mixed them both together 50% of each exactly and then applied it to a fading piece. I left it on for 30 mins and then rinsed it out - however now it has a red tint to it - does anyone have any suggestions on why there is a hint of red. Could it be that I left it on too long or should I have mixed the dyes differently like 25% of one colour and 75% of another colour etc... Anyone ever mixed the back 2 natural dark blonde with the back 2 natural light brown leave in conditioner - does it give the same hint of red. Any suggesitons will be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

Dan

The brown would more than likely have a red pigment to it, So thats probably the red tint.
07-26-2009, 11:05 AM,
I order blonde, which is 22R.

Honestly, its a pain in the butt to do. I only do it because I do alot of funky colors and patterns. I have the whole piece foiled so none of the color bleeds onto the piece, which it still does inevitably. I order such a high density it still doesn't show. Someone with a lower density may see color marks on the base.

If you want it to be just one color, I'd recommend trying to get it to match as best you can from the factory.

I color mine black with either bleach blonde or red highlights. Those are such dominant pigments that it always comes out the desired color.

However, if you were doing a brown or another natural color, it might be tough to get the true desired pigment without it pulling unwanted hues. This is where filling the color comes in, which is a pain in the butt and extensive knowledge of hair color and the color wheel is needed.
07-26-2009, 11:49 AM,
Thanks James. Trust me, I'd rather just have my piece match but it never seems to anymore. Back two+ years ago all my TL pieces were spot on, but since I started again (last 6 months) every piece has been off (too much red and too dark). It's not even so much the color but the tone. I have serious ash tones in my hair. A plain #6 has too much red and throws it off. If i look in the side mirror on my car in natural light it's very obvious. I was thinking that if I order it blond and dye the piece and my own hair, no matter what the color is, it will be the same and all will be good. I do have a professional stylist/colorist to do it, I should note that. He won't charge me much at all either (i'm lucky).

I guess my question now would be will the blonde piece and my own hair throw off different hues - putting me in the same situation with a mismatch in color? I don't highlight or do anything crazy that you do, just want a nice conservative but natural looking piece.

I also should note that I wear very light density (like 50% at most). But since I won't be coloring it myself I'm sure my stylist won't screw the base up??

I know I could send the piece back and try having it remade but I don't have time to wait another month or more. I'm thinking about getting a #17 stock and having it and my own hair dyed. What do you think?

Thanks for all your input bro