Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using subtle highlights to get that textured look (photos)
08-18-2009, 04:28 AM,
Re: Using subtle highlights to get that textured look (photos)
I've never ordered single strands, I just use standard. So I don't think it's single strand.

The specs are just my standard ones. I think it's freestyle mostly, and maybe flatback/spikey front but not sure. Once you get the template, grey% and colour spot on, that's all the really matters. Then you just need to style it right. Use enough water and gel and you can get them to do anything or look like anything Smile

Yes Deano, I always cut the hair myself. I use a Robocut. Haven't been to a hairdresser or stylist in over 4 years now!! And I'm using the same old RoboCut with a new gearbox (but I'm considering buying a new one incase it eventually breaks).
01-13-2010, 03:35 AM,
hi, what colour did you start from? was it a 1B or 2? i currently have two new 1Bs but thinking of sending one back for a 2 as it seems v dark. cheers
01-13-2010, 05:59 AM,
Hey Lyncher,

I'm not so sure what colour it is, I always send a hair sample and toplace maches it perfectly.

Once they sent me a 1B though, and it was wayyy to dark. They are almost black! I had to bleach it and then use plenty of gel in order to make it blend with my own hair somehow!
01-13-2010, 06:08 AM,
yea, that is what i ordered as have gotten 1bs in the past and they were never this dark.

did you use the jerome russel cream to lighten it? i picked up a pack in the chemist and was going to experiment! thanks
01-13-2010, 06:27 AM,
Yes I use that exact one! East to use, good instructions, and nice colour Smile And you will have some left over (in the bottle) that you can re use time and time again...

Weird about 1B. because TL told me my previous pieces were all 1B, then suddenly I got a really really dark 1B and that didn't make sense.. so it looks like there are two 1B's out there Smile
01-13-2010, 07:51 AM,
last Q, how long did you leave it on to reduce from dark brown to lighter shade... cheers! Big Grin
01-13-2010, 10:47 AM,
On average, 1 hour.

But some hair bleaches quicker, and some takes much longer. It really depends on the hair you get. Some rare cases, hair takes 8 or 9 hours, I don't understand it. Depends on how they process it at the factory I guess. You just need to keep an eye on it, and check every 10 mins to see how it's doing.
01-13-2010, 11:27 AM,
hey, it tool about 15-20 minutes to get it pretty close to what i wanted. thanks for advice. see some pics. didnt turn out too bad. i will see what its like during day time before anymore lightening!
8-)

[attachment=1]

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

01-14-2010, 09:50 AM,
sorry but is that the hair after bleaching? I think it needs another few hours.
01-15-2010, 03:05 AM,
yep, was thinking that. there is 5% grey so that is also toning it down a bit. i would be afraid i make it too light as it added some tone after about only 15 min. i will probably go a bit lighter though, cheers