Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military/LEO Transition (PHOTO)
09-21-2013, 07:31 AM,
Military/LEO Transition (PHOTO)
Anybody out there a very active person? After having smoke blown up my ass by my transplant surgeon for the last few years (3 small temple surgery) ive decided i want to make the transition soon. I'm pretty young still and have alot of native hair but am very unimpressed with the quality of my hair and how things have turned out. I feel like its a matter of time

I was in the military for a few years and am very involved in the LEO community, im a 3 gun competitor and shooter and do a lot of tactical training. My hair dosent need to be short but my question is does anyone wear in these type of environments?

Its a mans mans world and im pretty good looking tall and fit but the minute you slip (losing your hair) is looked at like a weakness. Im very respected and have no problem with confidence but look like a totally different person and don't feel like the man who i believe i project at the moment

Im ready to just let this go and shaving down is not an option, Like many here can relate you can go from looking like a male model with hair to quazi moto with a shave down. Only a year ago my hair was too thick to run my hands through and people were always jealous, now i can see scalp through the midsection and back and being told its (shedding or a phase) or throw money into PRP. F That

Thanks guys

EDIT - These pictures are not even a year apart , tell me something isn't up with that. My hair was so thick people THOUGHT i was wearing a system. Isn't it funny how life turns out. Tired of this shit

Crickett...Crickett

Attached Files Image(s)

09-21-2013, 08:41 AM,
RE: Military/LEO Transition
This a tough one?
09-22-2013, 07:15 PM,
RE: Military/LEO Transition (PHOTO)
Your photos are too small and blurry to be able to tell much. But yes, a lot of people on these forums are young active guys who regularly do gruelling sweaty activities, and manage to combine them with wearing an undetectable hair system. Personally I am a fairly serious competitive cyclist and mountain biker, and I also scuba dive and wind surf in my piece, all without any real problems. A certain amount of forward planning and a bit of compromise are required, but nothing you can't get used to.

Unfortunately you have put your finger on an unspoken truth about transplants - they may look OK when they are coiffed and gelled, but as soon as they get wet and plastered down the illusion of full hair dwindles, and oftentimes the transplants themselves become detectable.

It sounds like you have some self-esteem issues connected with your hairloss. It is harder to have been good-looking and lose it because of baldness than never to have had good looks in the first place. A hairpiece system can reverse that process, but you have to remember that we are talking about superficial things here. You are not weaker or less of a man because you lost your hair, and don't let other people (or your own psyche) convince you otherwise.
09-22-2013, 08:58 PM,
baldrich what adhesive do you use it must be non water based,?
id love to wash my hair on my head without it affecting the hairline bond,
maybe im asking the impossible

I use orwg, what can I use that wont be greatly affected by water

Anthony
09-23-2013, 04:10 PM,
Thanks for the kind words rich

Now I see a lot of photos with travolta and his obvious exposed lace hairlines ..is that as good as it gets? I feel like if given the proper opportunity and being very regimented , a master of concealment and a bit OCD I could make something work

To be honest I didn't have a problem till I switched from Merick propecia to generic 5mg propecia and cut it up as suggested by my clinic who said they were the same exact thing ...obviously not and my surgeon is very well known and recommended

Troop
09-23-2013, 08:02 PM,
Hi Anty

I wear lace with a thinskin perimeter around the back and sides. I also have a thinskin strip running parallel with the front hairline about half an inch behind it. When I am diving or water-ski-ing I use blue liner tape on the sides and back and on the strip behind my hairline, then finish the hairline with Davlyn Waterproof glue.
I haven't had any real probs.

Trooper

That's bad news about your meds. You must have been gutted.

Travolta is a disgrace to male hair-wearers everywhere! That is absolutely not what you can expect. In those photos you refer to he seems to be wearing a piece that was designed to be used on set and covered with make-up. God knows why his people allowed him to go out in public like that. If you get a lace piece from Toplace and put it on properly, you can expect it to be pretty damn undetectable. Better comparisons from show biz would be Brendan Fraser in the Mummy films, or Dan Abrams the ABC News guy, both of whom wear hairpieces.

Rich
09-23-2013, 08:13 PM,
thanks for the reply!Smile
09-24-2013, 05:56 AM,
Rich, out of curiosity ...

I live in a house by myself, have a lot of girls over and cook for them ect. I have one big bathroom. Where do you guys keep your systems and gear. Out of sight out of mind? Like locked in your safe or something haha

I know a lot of woman are nosy and rummage around in stuff when you are not looking . Any particular method you use to keep that situation from happening

Troop
09-24-2013, 01:09 PM,
Ha ha their little fingers get everywhere, don't they. I live with a girl at the moment, and we've been together for a few months. She knows I have had a 'procedure' to thicken my hair, but the word hairpiece has not been mentioned. She hasn't seen me without the piece, and she isnt going to. Obviously I don't want her finding my adhesive or spare units. I have a lockable toolbox under the stairs, and I keep all my hair stuff in it. The stuff I use for de- and re-attachments is in a shoebox inside the toolbox, so it is handy to lift into the bathroom. In the bathroom itself I keep some glue and some tape in a wash bag in the cupboard under the sink. The glue is in a small hair gel bottle, and the tape is in an Elastoplast box together with some real elastoplasts. That is my travel / emergency kit.

You should be ok since it is your own place. Lock it up is my advice.

The other thing I've learned is, when you have been travelling and you've just got home, you have to remember to take your hairpiece stuff out of your suitcase and put it away, otherwise little inquisitive fingers will be into it LOL. That happened to me once.
09-24-2013, 01:39 PM,
Live with a girl for a few months and your hairline has been undetected ? I have certainly been fooled by what I perceived wearing was all about. The fact your up in someone's face for a few months and aren't outed is impressive and speaks for itself...

I think most of us from the outside looking in are uneducated , and as long as people expect things to be obvious the better it is for a system to look natural and go on undetected

Gotta get a little bit of an evil smile when you outdoo a bunch of guys who are working with a lot less ? That's got to be a bit of a rush/high